inTank Media Baskets

RRCG Extreme Clowns,Onyx,Nakeds, ora picasso/bnw pair

rrcg50

In cali its worth it to get grid connection. Excess goes back to the elec co. you get paid. Fl not so much. But I'm looking into it

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm also looking into compact wind turbines, probably 10kw will make a good dent into the power bill. Will have to look more though

AMAZING color on those Picassos, Rich, esp. considering how young they are! Also love the Twilight name - very catchy and appropriate!

You'll definitely have to post some pictures of your new setup when you're done. Would also like to hear about your energy savings ideas. With all of the new billboards advertising solar here, you'd think the incentives would be better. Our power bill has been OUTRAGEOUS ever since we bought the clowns their own AC unit. I keep it set at 78 degrees, but still have to run the dehumidifier on auto.

AMAZING color on those Picassos, Rich, esp. considering how young they are! Also love the Twilight name - very catchy and appropriate!

You'll definitely have to post some pictures of your new setup when you're done. Would also like to hear about your energy savings ideas. With all of the new billboards advertising solar here, you'd think the incentives would be better. Our power bill has been OUTRAGEOUS ever since we bought the clowns their own AC unit. I keep it set at 78 degrees, but still have to run the dehumidifier on auto.

My friend and I are working on patenting something that will be revolutionary. Just have to generate enough cash to start up and do some r&d work. Will keep every one in the loop though

The twilight's are my picasso and bnw mix they are even prettier in person

Those picassos are only 3-4 months old

Maybe I'm just tired, 15 hour days is starting to ware on me

I think for everyone of us it has to be a personal call - I know that if my head wasn't into it I'd be going through the motions but not putting as much time or effort into it. And so far I've never looked at it as a burden or work. The only part that was getting to me was getting away to enjoy time with the family. I'd worry too much about what I had going on here at the house. But now I've trained a reliable friend to cover when needed and I'm also OK with skipping a couple of hatches when I need to. And sometimes I do that just to give myself a break. You know after spending a year trying to get it right - it takes a lot for me to say I'm going to do something wrong or not even try at all. As crazy as that sounds.

Anyhow Rich, maybe you just need a break - I don't think you can stay away for too long - your stock is amazing and I couldn't imagine if you didn't produce rrgc50's "Badass" fish.

I think for everyone of us it has to be a personal call - I know that if my head wasn't into it I'd be going through the motions but not putting as much time or effort into it. And so far I've never looked at it as a burden or work. The only part that was getting to me was getting away to enjoy time with the family. I'd worry too much about what I had going on here at the house. But now I've trained a reliable friend to cover when needed and I'm also OK with skipping a couple of hatches when I need to. And sometimes I do that just to give myself a break. You know after spending a year trying to get it right - it takes a lot for me to say I'm going to do something wrong or not even try at all. As crazy as that sounds.

Anyhow Rich, maybe you just need a break - I don't think you can stay away for too long - your stock is amazing and I couldn't imagine if you didn't produce rrgc50's "Badass" fish.

yeah i get the same way as rich gets, thanks to my wife she helps me alot, and i mean alot, she feeds everything for me and even has learned to make bbs and mix fresh saltwater, ever since my wife got involved we do alot more water changes, before it was every 3-4 weeks now we do it every sunday and clean all the tanks, feels much better doing it that way and clears stress away,,, keeping up with all the hatches is a pain, i also skip which is less stressful keeping up.... whatever you do keep up the good work, besides what else is there to do besides raise your own awsome clowns, feels good at the 2 month mark to see a tank full of designers clowns eating and balling up all together...... i think it would be a great idea for us breeders to get together at least once or twice a year and trade some fry and get to know each other,, never know it could be fun!!!

yeah i get the same way as rich gets, thanks to my wife she helps me alot, and i mean alot, she feeds everything for me and even has learned to make bbs and mix fresh saltwater, ever since my wife got involved we do alot more water changes, before it was every 3-4 weeks now we do it every sunday and clean all the tanks, feels much better doing it that way and clears stress away,,, keeping up with all the hatches is a pain, i also skip which is less stressful keeping up.... whatever you do keep up the good work, besides what else is there to do besides raise your own awsome clowns, feels good at the 2 month mark to see a tank full of designers clowns eating and balling up all together...... i think it would be a great idea for us breeders to get together at least once or twice a year and trade some fry and get to know each other,, never know it could be fun!!!

that definately sounds like fun

maybe a rotating meeting place so everyone gets to attend.

i guess maybe if i simplify things even more

that definately sounds like fun

maybe a rotating meeting place so everyone gets to attend.

i guess maybe if i simplify things even more

just stay in tha game, its fun plus it makes a lil money on the side to buy salt and maintain all your tanks!!

just stay in tha game, its fun plus it makes a lil money on the side to buy salt and maintain all your tanks!!

I might follow in your foot steps and down size to just a couple of pairs. Make my life easier

I might follow in your foot steps and down size to just a couple of pairs. Make my life easier

yeah that will help trust me, keep your better pairs and sell the rest, im sure all your pairs are THE best but you know what i mean, i went from 8 to 3 now back to 4 ,,, whatever you decide just keep truckin!

Alpha Aquaculture

Stay strong brotha! Your doing good things for the captive bred community. Just gotta find ways to minimize any jobs that you don't like to do. Keep it fun feeding those beauties and hatching those eggs :)

Stay strong brotha! Your doing good things for the captive bred community. Just gotta find ways to minimize any jobs that you don't like to do. Keep it fun feeding those beauties and hatching those eggs :)

I don't mind any of the jobs, just having trouble finding the time for all of them. Also the space issue is always there

I don't mind any of the jobs, just having trouble finding the time for all of them. Also the space issue is always there

yeah i have a nice size 2 car garage that i redid into my fish room, and still dont have enough room for just of my pairs fry i got 4 batches going right now and debating if i should take on 5th batch not sure, once wyoming whites start breeding on schedule im gonna be introuble bigtime,,,lol im thinking of raising some of my snowcasso/picasso hatches but still debating! waiting on an okay to get them sold but it's hard choice i have to make!

Right now I have an oversized 2 car garage that I can't fit a car into, had to sell my boat for some room but I wasn't using it anyway so that was just an excuse. I have so much stuff and still need more. It's like a never ending battle

Right now I have an oversized 2 car garage that I can't fit a car into, had to sell my boat for some room but I wasn't using it anyway so that was just an excuse. I have so much stuff and still need more. It's like a never ending battle

yup,,, and i see some storms headed floridas way,, hope all you guys are prepared for the worst... im very paniky and i know if i saw that storm coming my way o lord i would have a major anxiety attack.... i hate when it rains here in texas cause we get power outtages,,, sucks major you know what!!

I have a generator and am looking in to a whole house system, thank goodness where we are located it's pretty sheltered but you never know

I have a generator and am looking in to a whole house system, thank goodness where we are located it's pretty sheltered but you never know

yup thats the way to go, i need to get me one asap as well cause rain season is coming by the time i know it it'll be here and i wont have a generator!!

Archived