inTank Media Baskets

Mr.corals coral.

coolwaters

qwiksilver711
Last week I received a 15 pack from Mr. Corals. Everything is looking really good. Even the free frags (offered for ever $50 spent) I'm very happy with. Dendros still have not opened completely, but they look healthy & for 6-7 heads for $10 is a pretty good deal.

If anybody is interested I can take some pics.

I would like some pics if you dont mind, i have been debating ordering from him here soon, but want to see some actual frags

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would like some pics if you dont mind, i have been debating ordering from him here soon, but want to see some actual frags

I'll take some tomorrow eve. BTW sun corals opened up & ate tonight.

I've ordered maybe 3x from him. Each time never looked healthy, some never opened, bubble aglae nightmare.

What's the point of buying cheap corals if they don't even make it.

I've learned and would rather pay more for corals that survive and last in my tank.

If your looking for tiny frags then it's not bad. If you think your getting a deal then not really. Those blue cloves which he says to stop paying 75$ for are the size of a pencil eraser. The divers den at live aquaria has the same ones (nice size rock) for 49$. Not sure where 75$ is coming from. Some of the buttons are great, some just melt away. The acans are good, but you could pay 15$ more for a much nicer frag other places. IMO.

You get what you pay for, can't really complain I guess but your not really getting deals when you really look at it. One mushroom for 10$ when you could get a rock full for 45$. He has great marketing skills but a little math will show your not really getting great deals...IMO...but again it's nano corals for nano tanks.

Attached are pictures of corals that I receive over a week ago. For comparison sake the larger plugs are about the size of a half dollar the small plugs about a quarter size. There was a deal going on if you spent $50 you get a free frag (your choice). I received 4 free frags, all were very nice & healthy. Overall I am very happy with my purchase; came on time & properly wrapped. It is true that most of the $10 & free frags are small but what better way to get various corals/colors at once with out breaking the bank. With patience & proper care I should have some nice size corals in the future.

Really pretty my 1st Favia $10

post-40571-1296532556_thumb.jpg

Mummy was $37 other two were free

post-40571-1296532598_thumb.jpg

Tropical Delight Acan $65

post-40571-1296532610_thumb.jpg

RPE Zoe & Green Bay Packers Zoe $10/each & Blizzard Warning Acan $10 other two Acans were free (The Crusade really,really pretty & the Green/Purple Acan was has nice colors)

post-40571-1296532899_thumb.jpg

Twister Chalice $25

post-40571-1296532643_thumb.jpg

$10 not really blue, more rainbowish (smallest frag of the lot)

post-40571-1296533887_thumb.jpg

Both were #10 each -The "Awesome" Zoes looked more blue/purple with yellow eyes when I first got them, but slowly turned yellow tie dye w/ brown skirts in my tank.

post-40571-1296534218_thumb.jpg

Sun Corals $10

post-40571-1296535591_thumb.jpg

How long does it take to get an order from these guys??

I placed an order this past week-end and everytime I check the order status it says it's still being processed!

I waited 2 weeks one time. Had to email to find out. They need to setup an email system to notify when your corals will be sent when ordered....not just days before.

I've been lucky in that the 5 I ordered in Nov are all doing well and 4 of them have had significant growth. Pics are iPhone pics but here they are.

This is the only one with no noticeable growth. It was simply listed as "What Color".

mrcoral1.jpg

This one was listed as "Duncan"

mrcoral2.jpg

This one was "Who dropped the Paint". It started growing and drooping down off the rock frag so I put putty around it so the sides would flow out instead of drooping.

mrcoral3.jpg

This Ricordea Florida has actually split and both are larger than the original.

mrcoral4.jpg

These were listed as "Blues"

mrcoral5.jpg

I dip all my corals in Coral RX Pro and I can't stress enough how important it is to dip. I've seen things come off of frags I'd never want in my tank. It's well worth the bottle price. I probably won't order from there again though as I don't want to buy a bunch of frags at once and for the price I paid for 5+shipping I can go to 4 different LFS and get $10-$20 frags that are twice as big.

Archived