• Last Reply
johnmaloney

Sciania complanta:

(Actual color is reddish/pink)

SCIANIA.JPG

Nemastoma gelatinosum:

(Actual color is reddish/pink)

NEMASTOMA.JPG

Halymenia elongata:(Color goes from yellow to orange to red, this one is red despite the pic)

halymeniaelongata.JPG

Dooo eeeet! :o

+ 5 bajillion. :D

Ok, so I'm thinking of setting up a lookout station to man on the front porch to watch for the maildude with my rare Macro pkg.

I was thinking get up at 5 a.m. and camp out in semi comfy chair with blanket, coffee, books, tennis balls to throw @ woodpecker who keeps pecking at my roof....

I figure I can pack a box of essentials and place it by front door tonight.

This is srs bidness!!!

Did I miss anything??

Oh yeah, camera to take pics of mailman as he pulls up to my house with my RARE MACROS.

Hmm, what am I not thinking of....

like I said though, those pics are crappy.

I will be happy to take good pics tomorrow. :happydance:

You did send mine, right?

Ok, so I'm thinking of setting up a lookout station to man on the front porch to watch for the maildude with my rare Macro pkg.

I was thinking get up at 5 a.m. and camp out in semi comfy chair with blanket, coffee, books, tennis balls to throw @ woodpecker who keeps pecking at my roof....

This is srs bidness!!!

Did I miss anything??

Oh yeah, camera to take pics of mailman as he pulls up to my house with my RARE MACROS.

No suggestions???

:looks pitiful:

THIS IS SRS BIDNESS!!!!

This is srs bidness!!!

Did I miss anything??

get some MRE's...gotta be ready for the zombies too...

Srs bidness!!!

I will BOLO...

you know...be on the look out :ninja:

:lol: at the woodpecker

edit- oooh! that looks very cool John <3

johnmaloney

lol....you had posted when I was typing... that does sound like a plan, I would definitely have a lookout.

BOth your packages went out today, I forgot to add you to the auto email list though so let me forward that info....you got mail...in about 2 minutes

i ran kubuntu for awhile, but I wasn't a fan of the new package manager system and I went back to windows. i dont like 7 though at all, more eye candy nonsense....i will probably go back if they dont replace 7 in a year like the rest of them... :)

Now I run all GNU stuff, but on the windows platform. It works pretty well, although the new version of firefox is lame and doesn't play well with extensions.

gahhhhh hurry and get them pics posted then! ;)

I think I've seen this type of macro before... if I remember correctly an old school member (Kappa) used to have something similar and it was deep red but very similar in build and shape to the pics that John showed us. Very nice macro!

This isn't just one Macro, he sent me at least 5 different kinds.

SO nice, I'm serious!!

I'm totally trippin here, no kiddin, my hands are like, shakin and stuff.

It's almost embarrassing, can't remember the last time I got this excited over a coral.

I took pics while they were in the bags, will post when I can, they just finished acclimating so I gotta get them in the tanks now.

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

also, some of it looks like Kappa's old stuff, yeah.

bloody hell how the #### did I miss this? and I have a macro tank in the works to replace the hex that I'm selling out.

This isn't just one Macro, he sent me at least 5 different kinds.

SO nice, I'm serious!!

I'm totally trippin here, no kiddin, my hands are like, shakin and stuff.

It's almost embarrassing, can't remember the last time I got this excited over a coral.

I took pics while they were in the bags, will post when I can, they just finished acclimating so I gotta get them in the tanks now.

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

also, some of it looks like Kappa's old stuff, yeah.

Okay, got em in.

It's funny, but just in opening them one of my favorites is the Stypodium Zonale which is not a Red Globular at all.

I love it though.

Not sure if this will help anyone else getting these in, but I put a little of the water from the tank they were going into a small container and rinsed them in there before putting them in the tank.

John told me ahead of time that these were really delicate shippers, and some of the water from the Halymenia and the Red Globulars was a funky pink, so I think it might help to rinse some of that off.

It also might help to pull off any obviously dead parts or tips then.

John, the Halymenia is gorgeous but some of the tips have turned yellow.

Are those dead parts that I should remove to avoid fouling the water?

Super quick down 'n dirty pics:

Halymenia ?, Sciania, Halymenia Duchassaingii (these look nicer in real life)

IMG_5582.jpg

Stypoodium Zonale

IMG_5580.jpg

I got more than this, but this was all I could get pics of til later this afternoon.

Will update with better pics when I get them.

johnmaloney

that halymenia is doa, the feathery normal halymenia...the sciania is okay, those tips are pretty common for it. The haly d. is supposed to be that color, (sort of, but I can get what it probably looks like). Glad you like the stypodium, wasn't sure if anyone wanted the brown, but it is a nice sized plant with some detail in it...rings and what not. Well anyway I like it, but I am a nerd so... :)

that halymenia is doa, the feathery normal halymenia...the sciania is okay, those tips are pretty common for it. The haly d. is supposed to be that color, (sort of, but I can get what it probably looks like). Glad you like the stypodium, wasn't sure if anyone wanted the brown, but it is a nice sized plant with some detail in it...rings and what not. Well anyway I like it, but I am a nerd so... :)

I LOVE the Stypodium, srsly! :flower:

Guess I'm a nerd too.

I'm cool with that.

You really think that whole Halymenia is DOA?

The tips I get cause they're translucent white, but farther down on the body it's still red.

You really think I should toss it?

oh i thought it was the whole thing, just cut off the top then and keep the bottom

Cool beans.

The Nemastoma looks a little rough.

At first I thought it had totally deflated but that's not the case, it's still got it's globular shape on at least part of it.

What should I watch for on that one if it's not gonna make it?

It looks to me like most of what you sent will make it though.

I'll try to get pics of the Halymenia Elongata when when the lights come on in that tank later this evening.

johnmaloney

the nemastoma will no doubt be the hardest to keep. The biggest threat is a tear in the skin and amphipods eating it from the inside out. If that happens, just be happy about all the pods afterward I guess. lol...once they are in there, I am not sure how to fix it...happened to me twice, first time I just watched, 2nd time I tried to shake them out but no avail

the nemastoma will no doubt be the hardest to keep. The biggest threat is a tear in the skin and amphipods eating it from the inside out. If that happens, just be happy about all the pods afterward I guess. lol...once they are in there, I am not sure how to fix it...happened to me twice, first time I just watched, 2nd time I tried to shake them out but no avail

Well, there HAS been a tear in the skin but I have it in a little separate container in the tank that is getting flow through it.

It would be difficult for pods to get in there because of how it is situated.

Do you know if it is capable of healing tears in the skin?

The tears are at the tips, not the base.

Archived