Pod Your Reef

whats in your nano?

EnderG60

Originally posted by sdbeazley

In my ten I have a firefish and an Ocellaris.

Wow...I have the exact tank and fish in mine too.

My choice of fish to add next: clown goby, neon goby or bangaii cardinal

My choice of fish to add next: clown goby, neon goby or bangaii cardinal

Wow! do you really think you can fit all of that in there? I kind of want a neon goby for some blue colors.

welp I finally have all my fish

a cherub angle thats about 1.5"

a maroon clown thats 1.5"

and a red head goby thats .5"

and the best part is my nitrates nitrites and phosphates are still all ZERO!:)

just gata get mr clown an anenome and more SPS....must have more SPSX)

20h with 2-black percs and mandarine before you guys start bashing someone i know has a fuge thats crawling with pods so i ad a bunch every week he is doing just fine

Originally posted by pyrrhus

10g 2 firefish 2.5" and a 4" pearly jawfish, thinking of adding my sixline back in as well as blue neon goby.

:| I hope you have some seriouse filtration! what kinda nitrate/phophate levels you seeing?

aquaclear 300 at full flow with carbon and sponge media in the nano the 10 with the sixline and the goby has been running for a month with just a maxi jet 600 with a sponge prefilter and no live rock. that doesnt include the high motile invert load including several snails a 3" fire shrimp a small peppermint shrimp and about 10 hermits.

nitrate 10 ppm phosphate not tested for ever.

• 2 weeks later...
Smif-n-Wessom

I don't have a nano but I will tell you what I have anyways. I have a Clarki clown, a Perc, I had two chromis but one died, yellow tail damsel and my favourite the six line wrasse. He has got to be one of the most colourful fish I have seen.

• 3 weeks later...
Domino_Tang

well ^___^ i would have to say fish for a 10 gallon arent all the limited =]

percular's

gobies

DAMSELS almost any kinda domino damsels are cute when in large groups

blennies are good!

but it all depends on how much rock you have in the tank if any and sand the volume to fish in tank is greatly told on the surroundings hehe "States the obvious"*-___-"

welp ditched my red head goby for a chestnut eel;)

So current fish count is

Maroon clown 1"

Cherub Angle 1.25"

Chestnut eel 6"

And after a week my nitrate/phosphate spike was barly measureable so everything is still doing great:)

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by sdbeazley

Wow! do you really think you can fit all of that in there? I kind of want a neon goby for some blue colors.

I change my water everyweek. The firefish only swims in a small area around its hole and the clown likes to hang out with the firefish. I'm sure a neon goby would be fine as long as you maintain the water quality.

• 2 weeks later...
White_Queen

I had two 10g, and they were by far my favorite tanks ever.

I had a pair of percs in one, and a purple pseudo in the other with three or four peppermint shrimp that moved back and forth depending on the aptasia problem but usually stayed with the pseudo. I LOVED that purple pseudo...he wwas named Staccato (a musical term meaning "short and detached" which is how his swimming motion usually was. ) He was exceptionally bold, as were the percs, and all fish would take food right from my fingers.

I am thinking about starting up a 10g again and didn't realize a six-line wrasse would do well in that size! I'm thrilled!!

Blessings, Angela <><

P.S. All fish were given away and tanks disassembled when I got sick and had to move away. Am now better, married and living in a real home and simply can't decide which tank to set-up first. My 29g, 75g, or 10g!

MiltonCastillo

1 Ocellaris clown (1.25")

1 Yellow watchman goby (2.00")

1 Blue neon goby (1.00")

Put all three at once about 3 weeks ago. I had a little of a spike in my water parameters at first, so I changed 10% of the water daily for a week, everything has been fine since then. In fact, I think the blue neon goby's has grown a lot. I think it has had a 50% weight gain and has grown about 0.25" (it was 0.75" when I got him 3 weeks ago).

Archived