SaltCritters.com

Ecoxotic LED Club

VtheMaestro

VtheMaestro
Clean looking set up with the Illuminata geez

thanks

my lfs put lenses on theirs.

i'd love to see pics of this. i was considering reflectors/lenses on my stunners

I just put one Panorama Module inside my Nano-Cube 12G hood, I am not satisfied:( here are the pictures.

what were you hoping to accomplish by adding that? the placement of it would only light the back of the tank and cause shadowing in the front. A couple stunner strips may have given you the results you wanted.

Here's an article I found for anyone seeking concrete data on the Panorama's performance in comparison to other fixtures http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2010/5/aafeature2

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well like many people, I couldn't take good pic's of the blue leds, but here's the short version and some pics. My tank is using 70 watt 20k+ ushio MH in a JBJ viper as main lighting. Then I recently picked up the panorama in 453 to supplement the MH. I'm very pleased with the results (although it may not show up that well in these). It's adding quite a bit of color and light. Not as pretty as some of yours, but hey-whatcha gonna do.

post-45520-1274749414_thumb.jpgpost-45520-1274749437_thumb.jpgpost-45520-1274749582_thumb.jpgpost-45520-1274749601_thumb.jpgpost-45520-1274749626_thumb.jpg

After looking at my pics again, I'm a little disappointed- if anyone has some tips to get the most accurate color out of your point and shoot digitals, I'm all ears. In the pics with all lights, some of the greenish colors have shifted either toward more brown or a lime flourescent?

After looking at my pics again, I'm a little disappointed- if anyone has some tips to get the most accurate color out of your point and shoot digitals, I'm all ears. In the pics with all lights, some of the greenish colors have shifted either toward more brown or a lime flourescent?

turn the flash off on your camera

• 2 weeks later...
wesley42079

How were you able to keep the module in place? I purchased a velcro strip from Home Depot, but the module keeps falling off.

I just put one Panorama Module inside my Nano-Cube 12G hood, I am not satisfied:( here are the pictures.

Only Panorama

post-53026-1274504092_thumb.jpg

Panorama and 2x24W PC

post-53026-1274504078_thumb.jpg

post-53026-1274504044_thumb.jpg

Your tank looks so clean and the color is great.

Mr. Icky do you have a pic of how are you holding the LEDs over your tank?

I was thinking in retorfiting one blue strip and one white on my 12g nanocube, would that be enough to keep anything? Is it tru that the PAR value of the blues is the same as the white?

A friend gave me a blue panorama module and told me if I like it and can keep it for $70. SO I built a bracket to put it on my sunpod, I still need to hide the cables and I'm not sure if I should keep i yet.

I was also thinking in getting rid of the 70w sunpod and using this blue panorama module and add a white one but Im not sure if that enough light for lps, and some sps.

I'm also interested in knowing if the blue leds of this panoramas produce the same PAR as the white ones.

Here are some pics:

DSCF0376.jpg

DSCF0374.jpg

Mr. Icky do you have a pic of how are you holding the LEDs over your tank?

I don't have a picture, but I'll take some more and post them tonight if I remember. My mounting system is extraordinarily ghetto. My tank is topped by eggcrate for jumping fish and it's ziptied to the eggcrate at the very back. It doesn't look as bad as it sounds-but there's nothing elegant about it. It matches the computer fan that I have zip-tied to the lower arm of the JBJ Viper.

The pavona and the leather coral on the top right have gone nuts since I put this light on. I was getting steady ok growth under just the viper, but since I put on the panorama, the pavona's grown 10+% and the leather coral is getting significant lobes off the "side" and it's grown 1.5 inches front to back.

Edit: Here's the pic of the top

post-45520-1277776211_thumb.jpg

Well I love the color of the light but I'm not sure about how the bracket I built looks, I think is too much. I'm having a hard time deciding if I should keep it for $70

Hi all,

I recently added the 453nm stunner to my setup on a 34g Solana. I am running the sunpod w/ a 250w 14k Phoenix... I wanted to add supplemental lighting so I went with this LED. Do you think it would be too much if I added another stunner? I am thinking about adding another 453nm or possibly the 403nm UV as I read it promotes zooxanthellae.

I run the stunner an hour before, during and after my MH cycle. So I have 10hrs of total light and 8hrs of MH.... Also, anybody running the reflectors yet? Would this be overkill for my situation?

I appreciate everyone's feed back as I am new to supplemental lighting and LEDs.

Thanks,

Ryan

The stunner is relatively tiny par-wise compared to the 250 MH. I am relatively certain that adding a few stunners wouldn't be the difference between bleaching and not bleaching a coral when you have a 250w MH as the main. I think it would be a good way to adjust the color temperature up without having to move to the 20k MH bulbs. I'm only using a 70w MH on my 12 gallon, and I'm using the Panaroma model- but my lighting schedule is the same as you propose. Works great so far.

Reefmonster
I think it would be a good way to adjust the color temperature up without having to move to the 20k MH bulbs. I'm only using a 70w MH on my 12 gallon, and I'm using the Panaroma model- but my lighting schedule is the same as you propose. Works great so far.

I don't agree. The stunners will do NOTHING compared to a 250watt MH...in fact I'd venture to say that you WILL NOT notice the difference at all. I would add Panorama modules in 453nm instead. They are way brighter than the stunners and actually add par to the tank as opposed to negligible amounts that stunners would add.

I don't agree. The stunners will do NOTHING compared to a 250watt MH...in fact I'd venture to say that you WILL NOT notice the difference at all. I would add Panorama modules in 453nm instead. They are way brighter than the stunners and actually add par to the tank as opposed to negligible amounts that stunners would add.

Even with the reflectors? Adding the Panorama to my setup would be difficult since there aren't any adaptors available for my sunpod... unless someone is making them????

I do believe that you will notice the color difference with flourescence and it will adjust the color temperature. The MH is clearly going to be the overwhelming color. How much additional par do you need with a 250 MH. A single stunner was adding about 60 par at 15 inches from the light <http://blog.aquanerd.com/2010/02/ecoxotic-stunner-strip-par-numbers.html>.

Considering a 250w MH is only going to put out around 200ish or less par at 15-18 inches- I think you'd have noticeable effect. Anyhow, that's all I'll say on the matter. Post up some pics when you decide what you want.

I do believe that you will notice the color difference with flourescence and it will adjust the color temperature. The MH is clearly going to be the overwhelming color. How much additional par do you need with a 250 MH. A single stunner was adding about 60 par at 15 inches from the light <http://blog.aquanerd.com/2010/02/ecoxotic-stunner-strip-par-numbers.html>.

Considering a 250w MH is only going to put out around 200ish or less par at 15-18 inches- I think you'd have noticeable effect. Anyhow, that's all I'll say on the matter. Post up some pics when you decide what you want.

Thanks for the info from aquanerd. I think the stunner will be fine for my setup... as I am only trying to supplement the lighting (mostly dawn/dusk app). I will add another strip with a reflector and see how it goes. Thanks again.

Ryan

• 3 weeks later...
DivineStyler

I went to the EcoXotic showroom with SCMAS this weekend. They had some really nice tanks set-up. They also showed us a preview of a new fixture w/ a remote ballast for use inside existing canopies. It was a 9 x 9 inch'ish square that had mounting brackets to screw into a canopy. It was super bright!

Here's a pic I snagged from Reef Builders blog (thanks Jake!) and link to the article.

http://reefbuilders.com/2010/07/17/panoram...ant/#more-21339

panorama-retro-36-led-8.jpg

I forgot my camera, but I'll post some pictures if any of the other club members post some in the next few days.

• 1 month later...

I just bought 2 of the Panorama strips and a stunner to retrofit into my JBJ 12g hood. What I would like to do next is control it via something like a RK lite. Has anyone tried this yet?

I just bought 2 of the Panorama strips and a stunner to retrofit into my JBJ 12g hood. What I would like to do next is control it via something like a RK lite. Has anyone tried this yet?

are you still using the stock pc? I too am thinking about using the leds instead of my regular pc. Just don't know how many modules to use.

Archived