Innovative Marine Aquariums

Ecoxotic LED Club

VtheMaestro

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

which setup is better. 2 8k/453nm with 2 453nm and 1 403nm stunners strips. or 2 panorama 8k/453nm with 1 453nm stunners strip and 1 403nm stunners strip. Just can't decide. This is for the nc12dx

Will the stunners have any effect on a 70w sunpod? I'm pretty happy with the light from my sunpod on my AP12, but I would like to add some actinic LEDs to add a little pop and to use for dusk/dawn lighting.

I could go with the panoramic strips, or even a PAR 30 light, but I don't really need that much light. I would also like the keep the Sunpod as stock looking as possible.

anyone please help me?

Sorry saltboy, I think I left ya hanging.....

I gutted the hood of my jbj dx and put in 2 of the blue/white panorama modules and 1 453 blue stunner strip. It looks good although I haven't had a chance to check the par output yet. I have a small frogspawn sitting on the sand bed it is very happy. A couple of zoo frags are about half way up and they are looking a little bleached so I have to lower them and see if they color back up. I do have a millie sps frag in there as well and the color seems to be fine so far. I'm thinking of trying a birdsnest next.

I'll snap a couple of pics when the lights come on later today.

contacted ecoxotic they told me to get 2 combo and 2 actinic and 1 uv with the reflectors. These are all the stunner strips. Don't know if should get the panorama modules instead.

I'm thinking about going to a 25g cube (18x18x18). I'm hoping if I get 2 more Panoramas and another stunner strip that will be enough light for most types of coral.

Does anyone know if you can add optics to the panorama lighting?

• 2 weeks later...
Here is a pic of the inside of my hood. There is a stunner strip in between the 2 panoramas.

web.jpg

Can you post a pic of the tank itself so i can see how the lighting looks? I'm thinking of doing the same thing.

here is a quick iPhone shot. it's pretty bright, the acans on the sand bed have no problems as well as the favias. I have even been sorta suprised but I am seeing plenty of corraline growth as well.

web.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
You can now add optics to panorama's per my lfs.On order from exocitics i'm picking them up this friday

and they now come with reflectors WOW

Do you have any pics of the optics?

Is anyone here using the Cannon LED chip that ecoxotic is carrying? I saw them on glassbox design and they are pretty gnarly

I also saw them at a reef convention and they were nice, but I don't think they're worth the $550 price, unless space is at a premium. Most rectangular LED setups were brighter for less money.

The biggest disappointment of the show for me was the Ecoxotic stunner strips. There was a 20 gallon tank with about 6 of these and it was probably the dimmest display at the show. The Panorama strips were very nice though, they were Ecoxotic's best product imo.

I will be changing my lighting from a nova extreme 18" to 1 panorama 8000k/453 and 1 stunner 453 . Can any one tell me the best way to acclimate the corals to the new light. Also should this be enough light for a 5.5 gallon with soft coral and lps? Thanks

Hey all, Drew here. I just set up(well, two + months ago) another small reef. I am using one panorama and one stunner strip (both mixed white/blue). I am about to get another stunner, only blue, not the violet. I also have a 12 inch cold cathode tube (small blue neon) for the moon light, very sweet.Hey...are those Duncans still there?

Straydog: I have used wax paper or masking tape to cover some of the LED's and pull the tape off a lil' at a time, to reveal the whole strip(s). Those let some light in, but not all, blocking up to %80 approx.

I will be changing my lighting from a nova extreme 18" to 1 panorama 8000k/453 and 1 stunner 453 . Can any one tell me the best way to acclimate the corals to the new light. Also should this be enough light for a 5.5 gallon with soft coral and lps? Thanks

I think the one panorama is more than enough for your tank.

I've got a piar of Stunner Strips w/refectors (both 8k/453nm Blue combos) with a pair of 12" NO T5s on a 12g. I've had the LEDs running for about 4 weeks now.

I'm kind of scratching my head a bit on these LEDs. The Stunner Strips replaced the original (2) NO T5s in the Cadlights (4) bulb fixture. I was very careful about gradual phasing in of these LED lights.

While I like the 'shimmer' effect, I've noticed that my orange and yellow Rics are all gradually turning green. My lone Acropora (a Bali Green Slimer that I've had for over two years) developed RTN and bit the dust (which may just be coincidental). Some of my stony corals bleached a bit (Pavona Maldivensis and Pavona cactus), but my Letastrea and Montiora species had no noticeable reaction to the change at all.

Color rendition in the tank is a bit more muted than with the (4) T5s, but overall brightness apears to have increased a bit. Since I don't have a LUX or PAR meter, this is subjective, but I have noticed that my 'Shrooms don't 'trumpet' up to the light like they used to.

I'll need to give this setup a few months to see how this all turns out.

Hello all, I have a CADLights 12g with the PC lighting. Would it be to much light if I replaced the PC lighting with 2 panoramas (8000K/453 actinic and 453 actinic)?

Any help is much appreciated!

Nathan

Archived