Cultivated Reef

Shallow reef-planted tank

Giga

just thought I'd bumb myself and break the bad news the my porc crab died :tears: This is my second one to die ahhhhhh. My snails hermits and pep shrimp I've had for like 6 months-stupid crabs <_<

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just thought I'd give some news I'm sell the right tank and then building a new tank 40x20x12" with a diy t5 unit. I just order 6 36" ATI reflectors for the unit. Here's an older t5ho unit I built with 4x24 tek 2 reflectors. I gonna implement a bunch of cool things with this new build so keep you eyes peeled

windexitcy0.jpg

picture045lk2.jpg

tablesitxm4.jpg

This one had a temp/fan controller and the 36" one will too

lightsonyc9.jpg

comp3w.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well my tank seemed to have a little bit of a crash for some strange reason I lost 5 sps frags overnight but everything else looks fine. I also seem to have a huge algae break out and it's like covering everything in my tank ug. working on fixing that. I did get this guy though-my first anemone.

a speckled bta-he's green with a bright orange dot on each tip. he's really small at about 2" across

speckeledbta.jpg

• 5 months later...

Just thought i'd tell you Giga, i think on the first page i said i always wanted a tank like yours. 20x20x12, right? Well i just bought a brand new acrylic tank with the dimensions of 20x20x10! I liked it a little more shallow than 12" but i'm syked. It's been a while since i last built a tank but now im excited and i have your tank to thank for it. I love your cube saltwater tank. Any updates with it?

Archived