Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Shallow reef-planted tank

Giga

continued:

This is my frag plug of a milli I got, and mounted the milli else where but the plug is now encrusted and might keep this or trage it.

frag.jpg

I am really in love with inverts and I'm finally adding them to my tank now that it's semi mature. So here's all the inverts I got today. I still want to add maybe another crab or some sexy shrimp not sure yet.

scarlet hermit also have a blue leg hermit I got but forgot to take a pic-sorry for blurry pic

crabo.jpg

peppermint shrimp:

peppermints.jpg

My porcelain crab-see if you can find him-these might be my fav. inverts

porccrab.jpg

Vid of the porcelian:WARNING turn speakers down:

th_M4H01055.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now some other shots and fts's

cuz it's cool? -_-

waterripple.jpg

FTS:

ftsf.jpg

got a little closer to finishing my planted tank as I picked up a java fern today

javafernc.jpg

This is what you see when you walk in my front door. At this angle you can really see how empty the tank still looks

sideplanted.jpg

fresh water shrimp-Got to get some cherry and tiger shrimp, but have to wait till they come in

gostshrimp.jpg

side shot of the salt tank and a shot of my mangrove roots-I'm debating building a small nano tank like 3 gallons attached to this tank to put the mangrove's in with like a mantis.Not sure yet.

sideisland.jpg

mangroveroots.jpg

that's it for today ;)

Love the tanks. Really do. They are excellent. Only one question though. How come the water levels on both tanks are kind of low? Just the way it came out? Or was it intentional?

Love the tanks. Really do. They are excellent. Only one question though. How come the water levels on both tanks are kind of low? Just the way it came out? Or was it intentional?

lol didn't think anyone would notice-the planted tank just went through a water change and I was messing in the tank(didn't finish topping off), and the salt tank that is the lvl of the tank, helps with jumping fish -I'm lazy :wacko:

Good idea with the fish jumping part. Regardless, i wasn't saying the water levels were a bad thing.. i was just wondering. I love both of the tanks. I want to do something very similar with SW and FW. Both shallow rimless tanks. But that's for when i get my own place.. :P

Keep updating.. i love what you've got going on.

Good idea with the fish jumping part. Regardless, i wasn't saying the water levels were a bad thing.. i was just wondering. I love both of the tanks. I want to do something very similar with SW and FW. Both shallow rimless tanks. But that's for when i get my own place.. :P

Keep updating.. i love what you've got going on.

I'll update as things move along-even if I don't get a lot of posts -_-

• 2 weeks later...

My fresh water tank crashed for no apparent reason, so I took it down and is now for sale. I'm gonna use the money for a 40x20x12 upgrade for the reef :happy:

got the camera out for some shots

Got a ok shot of my clown

clown.jpg

My acans

closeacan.jpg

Some new frags I got

Green/yellow base milli

millieu.jpg

unknown acro but I like it

acro.jpg

This wasn't marked but I think it's a red planet for 20$!?

plantede.jpg

redkt.jpg

Also my blue/purple milli tip broke off and died so now I'm left with the frag plug

milliebase.jpg

pismo_reefer

Everytime I open this thread, I'm like,

"Coolest tank setup EVAR!"

That gif is PURE Nemoy acting! omgomgomg

Yeah THe corals are pretty sweet and and growing pretty fast. I've had these acan for like 3 months and have not had any new head growing so Not sure what to make of it.

Yeah the Gif is the best one out there!

Little update as I got a steal of a coral and moved some stuff around.

New FTS

newfts.jpg

I bought another porcelain crab and this guy is HUGE! about 4" across and then with his claws spread a whopping 7"! couldn't' get a good shot but here he is

bigcrab2.jpg

bigcrab.jpg

bigcrabclaw.jpg

It was just a big day because I got this massive coral for 40$ and it's a little bigger then a baseball and is white with baby blue/purple tips and white polyps-it kinda browned out moving to my tank but hopefully it color up fast. I'm not sure if i'll keep it or frag it and sell the thing because it's huge as you can see in the fts

balil.jpg

first attempt at macro shot

balimacro.jpg

Arkayology

Sorry to hear about the FW tank crash, but it is good to hear that you are fully committing to SW.

Nice adds also.

Your unknown acro on page 2 just above the red planet looks like it could be a blue tipped tenuis. It looks almost the same as mine when I first got it.

Your unknown acro on page 2 just above the red planet looks like it could be a blue tipped tenuis. It looks almost the same as mine when I first got it.

that would be sweet once it grows out

I was intrigued so here is a little more Xaqua information.. It looks interesting.. if its affordable it would be worth a shot for sure.

http://www.xaquaworld.com/catalogoBase/art...asp?ID=ART00012

yeah already saw that page and I might build my own just no pulsing thingy who knows

FW tank crashed? Wtf?

FW tanks dont just crash...

the tank only half crashed as all the fish died but the plants didn't. What happened is I added 24 FW shrimp and for some reason they all died at once and the caused to much of a spike and killed the fish. I figured at that point I'd just tear it down sell it and build a bigger SW tank

Yeah but by tearing down the FW portion I think you lose part of the allure. Side-by-side they looked really cool IMO.

Yeah but by tearing down the FW portion I think you lose part of the allure. Side-by-side they looked really cool IMO.

This is very true-even my wife wasa little upset that I took it down. But I just want to focus on salt water now and have a very cool reef

Archived