Coral Vue Hydros

12g NC

fishdaddy0831

fishdaddy0831

This is my 12g NC. Pictures taken with crappy point n shoot Nikon Coolpix L5

Youtube Video Here

TS.jpg

The tank has been up for over a year. However, at the end of last summer I went on vacation and came back to dead tank. I was broke at the time(4k vacation), so the tank stayed up but I literally didn't turn the light on for 3 months. (I had no fish)

Things started looking better for my bank account and I finally got the desire to "start over".

Ive got a good start on my corals, and now waiting for things to grow out. Some corals I haven't been able to get a good picture of yet are couple sps, red monti cap, yumas, shrooms, some other zoas. My camera sucks, and I'm no good with it.

GreenZoas.jpg

FireandIce.jpg

PurpleDeath.jpg

frogspawn.jpg

Baby frogspawn

jpg.jpg

My 5 year old names everything in my tank. :)

This is Globy

Globy.jpg

Big Red

BigRed.jpg

Jellybean (a little camera shy today)

crab.jpg

A Crack! I found a bunch of these a few weeks ago after I changed to a MH. Everyone remeber years ago the NC 12g tanks busting left and right? This is one of the older tanks. Plans are in the works to switch to a 20l.

Crack.jpg

ATO (need a guard on it still)

ATO.jpg

DIY light stand. The legs that the FNI light came with wouldn't sit the way I wanted it. This works perfect.

FNIframe.jpg

The fist week.

1st.jpg

fishdaddy0831
Nice. A 20l will look sick

I agree, but I'm still trying to figure out how I want to set up the AIO. I cant add a sump given its location, and I don't want to put that much money into it. Thats less money for the 40b I'm planning.

Looks great! Glad you got it back up and running

Thanks B) It's got a lot of growing to do.

fishdaddy0831
how are you likethe fishneedit light? except for the legs.

I love it. I have the 70w with the 20K bulb. Its got a good amount of blue to it, but im gonna try the Ushio next.

fishdaddy0831

Pulled this guy out of my pool. He must have been swimming all night. He tried to walk away when I pulled him out but he just fell over and layed there panting for hours even after we walked away.

pool.jpg

fishdaddy0831
Awsome tank! and wierd possum...

Thanks.

Yeah, when I came outside he swam right at me. He acted like a dog almost. He knew I would get him out. He latched onto the pool net when I put it in the water. Lol

fishdaddy0831

Any ideas for a 2nd fish? My son would love for me to get a clown, but I'm hesitant. I've read that if it hosts in my frogspawn the FS might die.

great tank fishdaddy...looks really good.

I have a couple of questions :

1) Are you having any heat issues with the 70 W MH fixture?

2) What are you using for Auto topoff and where did u get it?

fishdaddy0831
great tank fishdaddy...looks really good.

I have a couple of questions :

1) Are you having any heat issues with the 70 W MH fixture?

2) What are you using for Auto topoff and where did u get it?

No heat issues because of the open top. I have a 25w heater and the small fan you see in the picture both going to a RKL. My temp never moves more then .4 degrees, and the hardly ever kicks on.

The ATO is DIY. Just the common float switch to a air pump kind.

Pulled this guy out of my pool. He must have been swimming all night. He tried to walk away when I pulled him out but he just fell over and layed there panting for hours even after we walked away.

he must have really good cardio lol

• 8 months later...
fishdaddy0831
You have some cool corals and a really neat aquascape.

Thanks! When I was making the scape I used larger rocks and broke them up in the shape I liked. It helped a lot.

Archived