Pod Your Reef

May 2010 - Uhuru

Christopher Marks

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats!! Your tank is absolutely stunning! I thought SPS corals were hard to keep, but not compared to your NPS corals. I very much like the Archohelia rediviva!! How is it doing for you? From what I've read, it is a fairly new and rare coral.

BTW, how do you feed so often? Do you use auto feeders?

Congrats!! Your tank is absolutely stunning! I thought SPS corals were hard to keep, but not compared to your NPS corals. I very much like the Archohelia rediviva!! How is it doing for you? From what I've read, it is a fairly new and rare coral.

BTW, how do you feed so often? Do you use auto feeders?

Sorry for the delayed response, just got done with midterms. Whew!

Thanks again everyone for the congratulations and compliments!

basser1 - The Archohelia is doing great, even popping up new baby polyps. A bunch of these corals came in around the same time and since then they seem to have become quite scarce again. Given the slow rate of growth, I don't expect them to become available from other hobbyists for quite some time but that's not to say we won't be seeing a bunch of them being imported again.

As far as feeding often - I use syringe pumps and I also feed manually. I squirt some food everytime I walk by the tank. This is not ideal because I'm not always home or awake, so I'm working on a solution for that.

Thunderstruck34

I would put your tank in for sure the top 3 of all time list. Including much bigger tanks as well. Very beautiful scape, arrangement of gorgs/coral, and color scheme you have. Love this tank!!!

Well done Mike! It is good to see non-photosynthetic aquariums to get recongized by the reefing community.

Mike

What an awesome aquarium! So colorful and full of life. yet at the same time, elegant and not too busy :)

I like it!

yayy Uhuruu!!! this is what ive been dreaming for.. you totally earned it man! probably my favorite tank. you're the inspiration of the 10g im still hoping to make a photosynthetic reef. ;]

• 4 weeks later...

Archived