Coral Vue Hydros

Weetie's 4 Gallons of Simplicity

Weetabix7

Stypodium Zonale is my absolute favorite Macroalgae in this tank right now.

It is the Macro that appears yellow in the pics.

It has all kinds of neat growths on it and patterns on the leaves and stuff.

Here are some pics I got of it yesterday:

Root Ball

IMG_5691.jpg

Some neat growths on the underside of the leaves

IMG_5692.jpg

IMG_5690.jpg

I also found snail eggs beneath one leaf, but was unable to get pics of it.

I will probably continue to add more pics throughout the day today.

Johnmaloney and a few members including myself have been doing some experimental stuff with some of the more rare Macroalgaes.

I got some cool Nemastoma from John as a part of this.

The Nemastoma is the pretty Pink Macro in the middle of this pic:

IMG_5707.jpg

The Rose colored Macro in the pic below has really shown more intense coloration over this last month:

IMG_5706.jpg

^ that is why I am jealous of your macroalgae selection.

I'd be willing to try Express Shipping to you if you know of a way to do it.

I have no idea how Customs is on that.

The plants would probably survive just fine, but shipping might be expensive.

And again, I have no idea about Customs regulations.

:lol: sadly it's not quite that simple sadly. We're not allowed to import any flora (marine or terrestrial) or invertebrates... hell, we're not even allowed to import aquacultured fish and any wild ones we get have to be held in government quarantine for at least 2 weeks from memory. The government is incredibly paranoid about everything... trust me when I say if there was a simple way I'd have a tank full of Atlantic macroalgaes and Ric floridas... <_<

Thank you for the offer though! :flower:

Oooh Nice!

He'll love it in there for sure. How big is he?

He's good sized for a Sexy Shrimp, but small compared to most other inverts.

He came from BibleSue's tank and never nibbled at any of her corals.

I had issues in another tank with Sexies nibbling my Zoas but this guy has been proven safe.

I had planned on doing more photo updates, esp of the fuge, but have been extremely busy the last few days.

I haven't forgotten though and will do it when I can.

I have some super cool new inhabitants coming to this tank later this week! :happydance:

animalmaster6

I can't wait to see the pics and the new additions.

My Sexy Shrimp is ginat for Sexies. There is a few at my lfs that are TINY and are well priced. They always have them so I want to start a group of 6 tiny ones and my giant one as the leader for the 125 :lol:

How very sexy, Weets :naughtydance: I've noticed my shrimp occasionally grabbing my Zoa skirts but nothing damaging. At least, nothing like hermit crabs anyway... :angry:

c_k_kuehne

I know my son would love to have a really small shrimp in Hawke's Pico Lamp but I have been afraid of Sexy Shrimp as they seem hit or miss with eating Zoas.

I was thinking of a Gold Coral Banded Shrimp as they seem to stay small. Any thoughts on this or maybe other suggestions?? Would just need to be really small for his tank.

I know my son would love to have a really small shrimp in Hawke's Pico Lamp but I have been afraid of Sexy Shrimp as they seem hit or miss with eating Zoas.

I was thinking of a Gold Coral Banded Shrimp as they seem to stay small. Any thoughts on this or maybe other suggestions?? Would just need to be really small for his tank.

My own experience suggests that Sexies are indeed hit or miss.

Coral Banded might get too big.

What about a Bumblebee Shrimp?

They stay small and while they eat starfish legs in the wild, I know they're supposed to be pretty easy to switch over to frozen meaty foods in captivity.

There are ppl on here who have them, Vicskimmer might be one of them.

Kewl TY Weetabix will check out Bumblebee Shrimp. Just need to get something before I post my Aug pic.

Lol, yeah, I'm in that boat too, wanted to put one more critter in here, gotta figure it out quick!

Uh-oh, tank is looking cloudy, dunno what's going on here.

Nothing looks unhappy that I can see.

Luckily I've alrdy had water mixing since yesterday, getting ready to do a 1g WC and add carbon.

My new babies:

IMG_5816.jpg

:happydance:

Tank water is much clearer.

I did a 1g WC the day of my last post above and added carbon, and today I did a 1.5g WC prior to adding the Anemones.

I'm cheesed though, looks like I'm in the process of losing the Nemastoma. <_<