Cultivated Reef

Mini/Mini Maxi Anemone Showoff Thread

NaClCrocodile

Reefgardener!

She's been feeding my addiction!

She's got the nicest nems :wub: What tank do you have all these in? I want to see the FTS with all these beauties!

I've got three now, and I think the razor is about to come out...any tips/hints/advice? I'm a little gun shy, but it seems reasonably easy, and I never had a problem fragging softies, so... :huh::unsure:

If a maxi is against glass, could you frag it underwater hypothetically? Would doing a small dose of iodine throughout the entire tank work well?

If you frag it in your tank; make sure to run fresh carbon afterwards ;)

She's got the nicest nems :wub: What tank do you have all these in? I want to see the FTS with all these beauties!

I've got three now, and I think the razor is about to come out...any tips/hints/advice? I'm a little gun shy, but it seems reasonably easy, and I never had a problem fragging softies, so... :huh::unsure:

I cut one but I don't think I should keep doing it with my tank size.

Tank is the Fluval SpecV.

All I did was cut it straight down the middle with a razor, shook them off and then tossed them back in.

A bit older FTS.

DSC_0939.jpg

Pics?

And how did you get your maxis out to cut them? Mine are stuck on their rocks like gorilla glue lol

Here's how some of them are, they seem to take turns doing it.

DSC_2048.jpg

Some end up attaching to the glass/sandbed

DSC_2050.jpg

It depends on how far their foot is in the rock/hole but most of the time it's fairly simple. derlin wedges/picks to get under the foot and slowly work my way around and they come right off.

Was that one ever posted on her site? I never saw it in her pictures.

I don't think it did.

anyone?

Mine haven't, although it looks a little like mine do after a heavy feeding...do you feed, and does it have any correlation to when you've fed? Course, I could have just missed it, mine seem to only move overnight. Speaking of, my purple wandered last week and while it was unattached, ended up like this :ninja: -

EE6DCF4B-3D94-49D9-98E8-194B38341EC1-824

I know I shouldn't have... But I couldn't help but pick this fella up this weekend. He's still pretty puckered up but there's some really nice colors in there.

GreenMaxiMini.jpg

Blubbernaut

You guys have some nice nems.....Makes me wish I had $80,000,000,000 so I could make a freaking giant indoor reef.

Vivid did it with their magnifica.

:blink:

Lol, @ 00:21, the clownfish is like "Hey buddy, you got any food?"

Did someone say my name? :P

This is the only bluish one I have.

P1300050.jpg

Eye candy since I haven't been here in awhile. :D

fruitfreeze65.jpgP1220053.jpgP1290053-1.jpgP1300012.jpg

pinkstar70.jpgP1300048.jpg

Do you have any of the pictured ones available right now? I'd love to get my hands on a blue, orange, yellow or rainbow one. I looked at your site but didn't see any of these.

These aren't the greatest pics. Taken with my camera phone which is all I have at the moment. But, thought I'd show my nems off anyway. Aren't as stunning as those I've seen in this thread but I enjoy them immensely.

503ec692950fbe581daf1b468f833c9f_zps179f

ce1f9bb70e6e37e1a92f03559aed4710_zps59c7

f1b7cd839f87088d9f047595ee93d479_zpse679

And one with my sexy shrimp. It's name is What's Up. 795d1ef973dfb5bfc480dc7b96689d37_zps37df

• 3 weeks later...

Hows the survival rate on mini maxis when fragged? Should the chopped up nems be tossed in a tank with no inverts, in case some of the inverts wanna try to do something funky?

• 2 weeks later...

I fragged one on Tuesday afternoon, By Wednesday afternoon both halves were doing perfectly fine and were strongly attached to the rocks where I placed them. Couldn't have been simpler. I did put them in some tank water with some iodine in it afterwards for about 10 minutes. I love these guys.