Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Mini/Mini Maxi Anemone Showoff Thread

NaClCrocodile

Hows the survival rate on mini maxis when fragged? Should the chopped up nems be tossed in a tank with no inverts, in case some of the inverts wanna try to do something funky?

I put mine back in my main tank in a ziplock container. Just give them something to hold onto, all I put in the bottom was sand and one blew out. Also, I didn't have iodine and they did fine. I did get some, and will use it next time, so we'll see if it effects the recovery time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Reef Goddess
Rollermonkey

Ice? Like getting bubblegum off carpet?

Care to explain more clearly?

The one has sat in the exact same place I set it for about six months. It puffs up when it's hungry, and pulls back when it's eaten. I don't think it will matter how long I wait, it probably won't move.

The other one has moved around quite a bit. When I'm not looking that is.

• 1 year later...

Unfortunately I lost all my mini mini and mini maxies in a tank crash a little over two years ago. Was sad.. I lost them I had equipement failure - it should not happen again. Shortly after the crash I ended up attending college and really had no time to get it restarted and teach my husband what he needs to know.

Now I am settled in a job, finished school, I fixed the small problem the ATO had after the malfunction and got it up and running... I was just reminding myself of how much I love maxi's and mini mini's I hope to get them again soon.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Bring this thread back to life!

I don't have much to contribute as of now, other than this one who keeps moving and is a little bleached.  But it has decided to expand to the biggest I have ever seen it, so that is a plus?  And then there is the one in front of it who is just generally angry.  Both are pretty new, so just settling in I am sure.  I have literally a dozen coming in on Thursday, so that should be fun!

IFCXwjU.jpg

sqCRkCz.jpg

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Lula_Mae said:

Wish you could still find these, especially the mini mini ones. Always thought they were cool. 

AquaSD has Maxi Mini nems ALL the time.

That dank Reefer

A new store near me has the nastiest looking maxis I’ve ever seen in person, and i agree  I never see them anymore but check these out. Not your normal green/purple these are neon green pink blue yellow orange, you name it.

91B855D2-BC60-47E6-B7F0-78DEC9112D26.jpeg

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, lpsouth1978 said:

AquaSD has Maxi Mini nems ALL the time.

Never bought from them, but I'd prefer the mini mini nems over maxi mini. More pico sized. :wink:

That dank Reefer
12 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Never bought from them, but I'd prefer the mini mini nems over maxi mini. More pico sized. :wink:

They come smaller? I’ve only seen the reds really small

4 hours ago, That dank Reefer said:

They come smaller? I’ve only seen the reds really small

Yeah there were mini mini nems that were only an inch or two. I don't recall if they're the same species as maxi minis or not. 

I remember them.  IIRC they were a different species.  Reproduced in the tank and were more prone to move (borderline pest).  Some were brightly colored and were in high demand.  I haven't seen them around lately.

• Like 1