Cultivated Reef

Mini/Mini Maxi Anemone Showoff Thread

NaClCrocodile

NaClCrocodile

I'd say wait it out. Maybe point a powerhead @ it but I haven't had luck without destroying the rock that it was on :(. My blue one decided to relocate over the weekend. He's not getting much light so I assume he'll move eventually. Stupid thing...

I'd say wait it out. Maybe point a powerhead @ it but I haven't had luck without destroying the rock that it was on :(. My blue one decided to relocate over the weekend. He's not getting much light so I assume he'll move eventually. Stupid thing...

I see your blue one is growing well. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;):D

NaClCrocodile

Yeah man, it's doing really well. It definitely gained some bright green from my other one. He's quite the escape artist though...

Yeah man, it's doing really well. It definitely gained some bright green from my other one. He's quite the escape artist though...

Nice, I definately love the pink one, it looks great.

NaClCrocodile

Extreme Corals seems to be the only importer that gets them in regularly. Just gotta be quick lol. In other news, they still haven't given me my refund... calling again (3rd or 4th time) tomorrow.

Here are mine...sorry they are all taken tonight with the flash, so not the best pics.....

Bright pink, green rim.

009-10.jpg

Watermelon....

007-12.jpg

This one is green/grey/pink...it's neat.

008-10.jpg

Lighting is 70 Watt MH I'll get some with the light on tomorrow..

NaClCrocodile
i come hoping for lots of pics and leave sad

Me too. But it seems those with maxis just don't like to share them... My pics are pretty bad though. I need a better camera.

MusicISUnlimited
Extreme Corals seems to be the only importer that gets them in regularly. Just gotta be quick lol. In other news, they still haven't given me my refund... calling again (3rd or 4th time) tomorrow.

ill have to check that out then. thanks

You all and your stupid mini nems....

j/k I want one but they're still too damn expensive... So to you all... start propagating...

If it's paypal just do a payment dispute and explain the situation in there. I didn't get a refund for several weeks, dodged emails and phone calls. Didn't get a refund until i FINALLY initiated a paypal dispute, oddly enough he cleared and refunded it the next day = )

I know what you mean about the communication. But Scott IS a good guy. I think he's just really understaffed. It's just him and 2 other people. I had to keep on him about a refund too and he got to it eventually. I tried telling him if he has that much business that he should hire a customer service rep. But I don't think he's out to take anyone's $$.

On the other hand....if you want one of these you now have to sign up and create an account. I griped to him about how every time I would get the email that the corals were up someone was putting them all in their basket before I could even click on the site. That's why he put those new rules into effect. I would get the email and instantaneously click on the site and most of the mini maxi's would be "sold" already. Then I would have to wait and wait and wait to see when someone would drop one out of their basket while they decided which one they wanted. It was SO frustrating. But now that he is making people sign in first it is so much better. You at least have a chance.

Funny thing....I lived really close to his warehouse for the last 3 years that I had my tank and never bought from him. Now that I moved to CT and have to pay for shipping I've bought from him 4-5 times already. Makes no sense. I guess I'm a glutton for paying shipping fees.

My orange maxi just moved to the back of the rock last night. No picture of him today. All you see is an ugly flesh colored foot :angry:

NaClCrocodile
^^^^Beautiful!!

Both the owner and the anemones ;)

I really don't think he's out to rip me off, but a little better customer service couldn't hurt.

About the adding to basket thing, that's actually how I got my two nicest ones. Somebody instantly added them, then they waited and dropped them. I was there and swooped them up.

Feeding: not necessary, but if you want, you can feed them once/week or less with a few mysis/brine shrimp. I will say that two of mine regurgitate when they've digested the nutrients and it can be a nerve racking time because they look like they're deflating and their mouth is gaping (telltale signs of bad things in larger carpets). They both made full recoveries within the next few hours though.