Top Shelf Aquatics

Zuzu's Mini Reef World

Zuzu

Not sure if I'm getting this thread correct, but here goes..........

Couldn't find a commercially available dry dock for my MP-10, so I found some polystyrene boxes at Ridout Plastics. They can also be found at craft stores--generally sold to hold collectables and small items.

The 3 3/8" cube is just the right size for the MP-10. They cost $3-4. post-50043-1272303464_thumb.jpg

The only thing I did was to glue some plastic hooks (actually the wall portion of a 2-part hanger assembly--9 cents each) using a glue recommended for the poly styrene.post-50043-1272303527_thumb.jpgpost-50043-1272303551_thumb.jpg

The hooks just keep it from moving around if the compartment floods or the wet side assembly falls off.

post-50043-1272304096_thumb.jpg

I used the Dremel tool to notch out space for the hooks on the lid, but eventually left the top off to keep the MP-10 cool. Theoretically, there is no way for the water to flood the box as it is higher than the back edge of the tank, so I don't think that the top is useful.

After 2 months, no problems.

Will post custom media rack another time--outta space.

Also just got my Acan 101A (aka Eco-lamp) 20" all LED light. Will post pics and custom hanging tree soon.

Archived