Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

lighting idea for a biocube 29

evokid511

so im in the search to find more lighting for my tank but being on a college bidget an expensive t5 is out of the option, i would really love to get enough lighting in there to keep an anemone and some nice corals and keep them heathy...so i came across this idea, my dad being in the construction industry has pleanty of high powered lights for working at night and i thought maybe i could get one form him and use it, i believe theyre 300w maybe a little less and they look like this but only one light not the two angled http://www.homedepot.com/Lighting-Fans-Wor...catalogId=10053

would that work well enough? if at all?

thanks guys

haklogen lights dont work for keeping livestock.. but they will grow the hell outa some cheato..LOL

from what i understand (Not being a lighting guru)

They lack the correct areas of the color spectrum for beneficial growth and coloration so some degree or another.

haklogen lights dont work for keeping livestock.. but they will grow the hell outa some cheato..LOL

from what i understand (Not being a lighting guru)

They lack the correct areas of the color spectrum for beneficial growth and coloration so some degree or another.

that is what i was trying to figure out, thank you hopefully we can get a guru in here to clarify haha

Yea those are good for the money the only thing when you can, get a better bulb for that fixture you will really be happy with a different bulb when you can afford it in that fixutre. And depending on what taste you like etheir a 20k for a bluish tint the way I like it or a 14k better growth more natural looking . let us know..later

Archived