ReefCleaners.org

Scroll coral

hazmat

I ordered a scroll coral from a vendor thinking it was a LPS. After doing some research I've seen many sites that say they are LPS but some say SPS.

:eek: I really wasn't ready to add any SPS yet and the site said it was LPS. Can anyone clear it up for me?

Thanks!

both. or neither.

is it really important? care is the same as for most LPS.

Well...yes and no. I've always heard SPS are more demanding. And I would just like to know....if you know ;)

some SPS are more demanding than some LPS. and some LPS are more demanding than some SPS.

arbitrary distinctions when it comes to care, imo. don't worry, you should be fine with your scroll. :happy:

some SPS are more demanding than some LPS. and some LPS are more demanding than some SPS.

arbitrary distinctions when it comes to care, imo. don't worry, you should be fine with your scroll. :happy:

Thanks! I figured if it was so ambiguous that it wouldn't be too hard. But you can see that my tank isn't quite mature yet. And I hate to put in anything before it's time that might die due to my mistake. I can rest better now... ;)

There is some great information in that article if you can get through the "wordiness" of it. My goodness! Was he being paid by the word? :lol::P

It does make you think of corals in an entirely different way. I have to admit, I do fall into that group of reefers that categorize into LPS and SPS. From now on I'm going to research them a bit differently.

Thanks for the link Jeremai.

Archived