inTank Media Baskets

what do you feed your porcelain crab?

reefer123

I feed mine vitamin enriched mysis and brine shrimp with some long tweezers. I have had one well over a year the other 2 about 6 months.

oh cool. thats good to hear! thanks a ton. i will make sure mine gets some mysis when i feed the tank. does yours host a coral? what is its behaviour like? i just got one today and its still shy, i am anxious for it to come into view and find a spot it likes. i think they r interesting

oh cool. thats good to hear! thanks a ton. i will make sure mine gets some mysis when i feed the tank. does yours host a coral? what is its behaviour like? i just got one today and its still shy, i am anxious for it to come into view and find a spot it likes. i think they r interesting

They are solitary, and usually stationary. They are cool to watch and give a little bit of colour since they are pure white with nice brown spots on them.

When other crabs or fish come towards him, he will most likely bring his claws up and defend his territory but his claws are really weak and have bad aim with them so will not damage your fish or other invertebrates, if anything he will lose his claw.

A good indicator about when he is going to molt is when his exoskeleton is growing various algaes on them, takes around a month, and their molts look exactly like them, so don't worry if you see the exoskeleton of your crab swimming around.

And they eat anything really. I feed mine once a week.

hurricanefan1281

i have 2. one hides in a cave where i can kind of see it. the other one i dont see very often. i dont feed mine at all. i just let them grab stuff out of the water.

Archived