Top Shelf Aquatics

Attack...Brain or Ricordea

Genesis

I found my Florida Ricordea laying against my lobo brain. There was a white stringy substance connected to both of them. I would assume this is some sort of defensive means from one of them.

Is it and if so, which one.

I have already moved the Ricordea, anything else to worry about or watch?

Thanks

I dont know about the brain but rics slime up. Keep on eye on both of them because coral warfare is no joke. I just lost several heads of blasto due to my turbo bulldozing them on my nuclear ugly palys.

I dont know about the brain but rics slime up. Keep on eye on both of them because coral warfare is no joke. I just lost several heads of blasto due to my turbo bulldozing them on my nuclear ugly palys.

Did it take awhile for the blasto to show damage?

I don't see anything wrong with the brain, but will watch. The ric is in a shot glass, need him to stick to some rubble and get him glued down.

It happened overnight so I dont know how long it had been like that but the the damage was showing in the morning. I could see skeleton. I wouldnt worry too much unless they had been like that for awhile.

It happened overnight so I dont know how long it had been like that but the the damage was showing in the morning. I could see skeleton. I wouldnt worry too much unless they had been like that for awhile.

Thanks, I will just keep an eye on it.

Look up "Mesenterial Filaments".

They are part of the digestive structures of corals. Most likely they came from the brain coral (so literally, the brain was in the process of digesting the ric). It's an offensive mechanism of some corals.

I have a good pic of it http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...=200698&hl= there.

Wow, that is exactly what it looked like, but not quite as much slime.

Thanks, amazing how harmless that brain seems.

Archived