Pod Your Reef

oceanic biocube light?

justurmom

if anything, what cheaper replacments/solutions/etc can i do with my light? maybe take the entire hood off n use a fisture? althgouh the dimensions would be hard to find, maybe a DIY led or custom LED from online i can possibly buy?

any suggestions?

if anything, what cheaper replacments/solutions/etc can i do with my light? maybe take the entire hood off n use a fisture? althgouh the dimensions would be hard to find, maybe a DIY led or custom LED from online i can possibly buy?

any suggestions?

I just replaced the hood on my 14 Biocube with a light fixture I found for a great price that allows me to keep just about anything I want. Also, it gives off that shimmer effect that some love and some hate. Personally, I love it so add it to the win column :) .

I wrote all about the purchase, the shipping, packaging, and setup in my own thread here.

You can checkout nanotuners.com for some lighting upgrades that fit right into your existing hood also.

well this will be mostly zoanthid dominated. so i'm guessing the stock will be enough but if i want some authenticity and a nicer look, i cna always go and upgrade with a kit off of nanotuners or nano customs.

I will try some zoanthids and see how it turns out.

Archived