Innovative Marine Aquariums

12 gallon aquapod lighitng question?

kuririn986

I have a 12 gallon aquapod. The dimensions inside the tank are 16.5 x 12 x x13.75. I want to upgrade my lighitng so that I can grow SPS coral. Will these lights do the trick?

Compact 32w lights

The setup in the tank allows for two of these but I would like to keep the other socket with these.

If I cant grow SPS with these lights what can I safely grow?

Also what upgrades in lighting would you suggest in order to grow SPS?

Thanks in advance

PC's and most sps don't normally work well together. You may be able to keep some of the easier sps very high in the tank, but it may not keep it's color. If you want sps, you will need T5, MH, or LED. You will be able to keep everything else with the lamps you listed though.

PC's and most sps don't normally work well together. You may be able to keep some of the easier sps very high in the tank, but it may not keep it's color. If you want sps, you will need T5, MH, or LED. You will be able to keep everything else with the lamps you listed though.

Thank you very much,

What should I look for in that size tank. What is an easier SPS?

There are tons of options. Depends on what your budget is, and how well you can deal with heat.

Easier sps include montipora, birdsnest, and poccilopora. They don't require as much light, but still need more light than most lps.

Archived