Innovative Marine Aquariums

New With an emergcy on my fish

Trogdor447

I dont have a clue what is going on with my fish! I was refered to the site by a friend and this will be my first time posting..

If anyone could possibly identify what has happened to my chromis ASAP that would be great, hes not really swimming to goods right now

mms_picture9.jpg

The back part of his tail on one side turned white and almost was a perfect verticle line, a few days later it made a ring all around the tail and got red around it.

20g H / Maroon Clown / Pistol Shrimp & Watchman Goby / a cleaner shrimp / few snails and hermits..

cheryl jordan

Yea your fish doesn't look good. The area near the tail looks to be either a bacterial infection or fungal. A closer pic of the area would help.

Need tank parameters, ammonia, ph, salinity, nitrates, how old is this tank ?

Is this a new fish?

And this fish is a pseudochromis, Bicolor Dottyback, not a true chromis, but the correct name is not going to help.

You can try a QT and tx with a wide spectrum antibiotic, but that fish looks pretty bad. If any of your other fish show even anything similar you need to quarantine the other fish.

While a Dottyback can usually hold it's own, the maroon clown maybe bullying it.

Sorry about your fish.

Yea your fish doesn't look good. The area near the tail looks to be either a bacterial infection or fungal. A closer pic of the area would help.

Need tank parameters, ammonia, ph, salinity, nitrates, how old is this tank ?

Is this a new fish?

And this fish is a pseudochromis, Bicolor Dottyback, not a true chromis, but the correct name is not going to help.

You can try a QT and tx with a wide spectrum antibiotic, but that fish looks pretty bad. If any of your other fish show even anything similar you need to quarantine the other fish.

While a Dottyback can usually hold it's own, the maroon clown maybe bullying it.

Sorry about your fish.

I will post parameters once i return from classes here shortly.

The tank is ~ 1.5 months old, experienced with freshwater my first saltwater tank. I doubt he is going to make it.. i think im just going to give him the swirl salute. It is a new fish, just added about a week ago

Yea he is toasted, just got flushed.. he was dead the pistol shrimp kindly burried him in the rubbel before i seen it happen.. i had to dig him out.. However when i found him the flesh around that white spot was totally gone.. like whatever it was ate it down to the bones.. None of my other fish appear to have signs of this..

Thank you for any further info, if i need to treat etc lemme know!

Trogdor.. burninating the people... Trogdor! haha.. sorry.. couldnt resist.

If you see anything going on with your other fish similar to what the pseudochromis showed, you could try something like Melafix or Pimafix. Quarantine if possible, but some people have added melafix to reef tanks without a problem. It has natural compounds that are antibacterial / anti-fungal.

Archived