inTank Media Baskets

28G Nano Cube - CUC advise

spooks

Hey guys,

So my tank has cycled now and I have a big diatom bloom. I've done a bit of research and ordered the following so far:

6x Nerite

6x Cerith

I am guessing that amount of the above snails should be okay for my 28G? What else do you think I should get? I was considering a Turbo but am concerned they could knock rock over...

Should I do a partial water change before I put the snails in? My Nitrates are about 5-10ppm.

Thanks

You can add a few nassarius snails and a couple of turbos. I find that my Mexican Turbo does the best job at cleaning algae but he is a bulldozer. The nassarius like to eat leftover fish food.

Snails are good...I have a 28 G NanoCube and started with 20 snails and 10 bluelegg hermits...they did a great job cleaning but once it was clean the hermits ganged up on the snails and killed them all. No more hermits for me....blue zoo has Ninja snails...very cool looking!

What else do you think I should get? I was considering a Turbo but am concerned they could knock rock over...

http://reefcleaners.org/index.php?page=sho...t&Itemid=34

Get a bunch of stuff from John. He is a very fair dealer. Enter 'nano-reef' into promo code field at order time, get 15% off.

Don't get any limpets, they are suicidal. Mine lasted about a week.

Honestly, 12-13 snails is definitely too small a number for my 28NC.

But it depends on how much surface area you have.

My hermits pretty much leave my snails alone, they do go crazy on each other though. Fighting for bigger shells.

Archived