Pod Your Reef

12in Rimless Eye-candy Cube

jjjo

nanoreef-R
LOL mandarin buddy has been with me for a few months. Was in the 30 breeder before the new tank :)

B) What do you feed?

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NaClCrocodile

Ohhh, I didn't even see him in there. ORA Captive Bred? I can't wait for those bad boys to come.

You don't have $$$ huh? So you must have some really nice reefers in your area lol.

B) What do you feed?

I have LR in my sump. once a week i disconnect the sump from the main tank, and dose DTS phyto to the sump rock... and within a day or two, there are MAD pods. I then turn the return back on, and the mandarin goes nuts :)

He also eats frozen mysis.

Ohhh, I didn't even see him in there. ORA Captive Bred? I can't wait for those bad boys to come.

You don't have $$$ huh? So you must have some really nice reefers in your area lol.

Nah, Was just a wild caught one, that was at my LFS for a LOONG time.

As far as corals and $$$. Just gotta know when/what/where to get em :) Upstate NY has many LFS's. I like to support them.

nanoreef-R
I have LR in my sump. once a week i disconnect the sump from the main tank, and dose DTS phyto to the sump rock... and within a day or two, there are MAD pods. I then turn the return back on, and the mandarin goes nuts :)

He also eats frozen mysis.

Oooohh that is actually not half stupid! Why didn't I think of that! So that way you have a Naturel Mandarin.

Nice :happy:

NaClCrocodile

That's an awesome idea. So 2-3 days without filtration? I guess it works because you seem to be doing alright lol.

is the purple/orange ruffly looking coral in the middle of the live rock a hammer?

Its a piece of my branching malaysian orange hammer. I just HAD to have a head of it in the new tank :)

creamsicle.jpg

(older pic while i was switching from the 18 rimless, to the 30 breeder. It has split much more since)

100_5574.jpg

I split it in half.

The other head is in a frag tub to grow out.

-dan

awesome mandarin. how bout some close ups of him?? they are cool fish. im considerin gettin one that eats mysis. does he ever swim in open water or just flit around the rockwork and sand bed?

NaClCrocodile

I'd say he has to swim out in the open with that rockwork lol.

One of my favorite fish. You should look into a Gumdrop Coral Croucher. It's actually a member of the scorpion fish family, but it stays small and is interesting, much like a goby perching on rockwork and darting out for food as it floats by.

Paleoreef103

This tank is incredibly colorful and very unique. How does that main branch not fall over? Is it leaning against the back glass?

This tank is incredibly colorful and very unique. How does that main branch not fall over? Is it leaning against the back glass?

Thanks!!

The Rock only touches the back glass at 1 point... and thats because if it was moved away from the glass, the rock would touch the front glass and would look wierd.

It is however, leaning against the side of my overflow box, on a point in the back of the rock, to prevent it from tipping over.

animalmaster6

I really like the new "More Coral" look.

thanks everyone!

The secret to a clean sandbed... well it wont be a secret anymore. A fighting conch... the kind that only get about 4 inches big. (not the giant ones). they keep the tank's sandbed pristine!

+1

I have a Tonga Fighting Conch that is awesome!!! My sand bed is wicked clean!

I really like the new "More Coral" look.

Yeah... As of late, I very much dislike the look of a tank with too much rocks. Thats just me though :)

animalmaster6

I like a good amount of rocks, it has to be in good shapes like this though. No random clumps throughtout the whole tank.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you pick up that drop-dead gorgeous Torch? I've seen others that look similar but nothing quite like that one.

The tank looks absolutely fantastic under the Blue + bulbs. They are fantastic bulbs for sure...been favorites of mine for a long time.

-Adam

If you don't mind me asking, where did you pick up that drop-dead gorgeous Torch? I've seen others that look similar but nothing quite like that one.

The tank looks absolutely fantastic under the Blue + bulbs. They are fantastic bulbs for sure...been favorites of mine for a long time.

-Adam

Its a local torch morph. the original owners name was Todd.

In upstate NY, it is referred to as Todds torch.

I am getting another one for the top part of my scape.

-dan

Beautiful.

Thanks!

Im speechless !!! amazing aquascape and awesome colors, and so clean ! definatley one of the best nano's i've ever seen. :D

Thanks for the info on the Torch. I'm almost positive I've read it called that before, just wasn't sure if it was the same morph. So that I don't clutter your thread, I'll PM you sometime to see if any may be for sale.

Last FTS for a bit. I moved a few corals the other day. I like it now much better. This shot is under only the ATI blue plus bulbs. So the corals are really poppin! By far the best actinic type bulb out there :)

finalFTSmay.jpg

(I also took the daylight out, and replaced the dark purple back... LOL. during the day the tank was too white :( )

Thanks for looking,

dan

Ur tank is so sweeeetttttt :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Thanks!!

Welp, Got another Todds torch. It was slightly bleached out. Will need some TLC. previous owner had it in a very low nutrient tank, and VERY bright light. WIll be weeks before it looks like the one i have now :(.

other than that tho, very healthy.

You can doooo it jjjo! B)

I do hope so.

The newer todds is more of a bright green... than my other one. (lighting). and is a lot shorter. This one only has 4 inch tentacles.

My other one extends tentacles over 12 inches when its fully open.

Archived