Pod Your Reef

12in Rimless Eye-candy Cube

jjjo

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
your tanks always have killer colors jjjo. where do u get all your insane acans??

Thanks! I get my acans from many sources.

I drooled a lil' :mellow:

so what combo are u running now in the TEK? sorry if I missed it :P

ATI blue plus

KZ fiji purple

ATI aquablue spezial

ATI blue plus

Is your Breeder still up? I love your tanks and finally found some branch rock for... $2/lb :o... but I just can't seem to get the vision that you've got for yours. Looks great!

The breeder was taken down. I got sick of the rimmed look, and HAD to go back to rimless. :)

many of the corals that were in the 30br, are in a large 100 gallon tub. They will be back soon :)

OH! you found branch rock too! Would love to see pics!

Damn this one looks even better than before! I hate you more now :angry:

:D JK looks awesome. Thos acans have some crazy colors

Thanks! haha. I love acans.

Here is one more pic of CLIMAX

acans-2.jpg

thanks for looking,

dan

looks great, i think mr aqua tanks look sweet and are rimless, but you scaping is sick. i left my jaw on the flaw when i seen the pics.

i like the purple bulb better but the ati is probably a better choice

Last pic of the night:

Blue plus bulbs only: My favorite zoas

danzoas-1.jpg

slowly making a comeback.

looks great, i think mr aqua tanks look sweet and are rimless, but you scaping is sick. i left my jaw on the flaw when i seen the pics.

i like the purple bulb better but the ati is probably a better choice

Thanks! I switched the bulbs, because I feel more comfortable running a true daylight for a few hours.

I think I just had one myself.. thanks. B)

LOL no problems at all. haha. Who needs adult entertainment... when there are CLIMAX acans LOL

what is your plan for stocking fish? a small school of brightly colored fish would seem to fit well with the concept here. maybe a harem of anthias?

NaClCrocodile

Anthias may be a bit large.

I say Candy Basslet.

I bleached the branch rock because it was REALLY nasty. I'll see if I can get some pics and maybe try arranging it like you've got. Use some putty etc.

Absolutely stunning tank!! Your aquascape(s) and careful selection of coral always sets your tanks apart from the crowd.

Tagging to see this beauty progress...although I'm not sure how it can get much better ;)

NaClCrocodile

I REALLY like the ball of red acans. It reminds me of a bouquet of roses. Do you buy any of your acans online?

meganistkrieg

Oh man, I don't even like acans and I am in love with that big red one. Beautiful tank. Adore the torch as well.

Great looking tank! I love the branched look. What are you using for sand and how do you keep it in place? I like the way it stays flat and shallow and I had to do a double take at first as it looked like white starboard :)

thanks everyone!

The secret to a clean sandbed... well it wont be a secret anymore. A fighting conch... the kind that only get about 4 inches big. (not the giant ones). they keep the tank's sandbed pristine!

as for the rockwork... Banded trochus snails mow the lawn :)

I also have a blue coral banded boxer shrimp that eats uneaten food.

Glass... Magfloat, and careful attention with a razor :)

Last FTS for a bit. I moved a few corals the other day. I like it now much better. This shot is under only the ATI blue plus bulbs. So the corals are really poppin! By far the best actinic type bulb out there :)

finalFTSmay.jpg

(I also took the daylight out, and replaced the dark purple back... LOL. during the day the tank was too white :( )

Thanks for looking,

dan

I REALLY like the ball of red acans. It reminds me of a bouquet of roses. Do you buy any of your acans online?

I've never bought acans online before... Perhaps I will someday when I have $$$ :)

Great looking tank! I love the branched look. What are you using for sand and how do you keep it in place? I like the way it stays flat and shallow and I had to do a double take at first as it looked like white starboard :)

It's arag alive. fine grained stuff. :)

Going all mandarin on us are we?

LOL mandarin buddy has been with me for a few months. Was in the 30 breeder before the new tank :)

I LOVE the look of your tank!

thanks!

-dan

Archived