12in Rimless Eye-candy Cube

jjjo

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks all!

lawnman,

its 1 piece of tonga branch. very heavy :(

I found it at the bottom of the rock-stack in a very large reef display tank at my LFS, and ended up bringing it home. It fit in my 20 rimless just as I envisioned :)

I was | | <-- this close to buying a lot of rubble branches and glue-ing them together, until i ran across this piece. You just don't run into branches like that these days :(

nanoboy747

Wow amazing tank. very clean and sleek. Did you DIY that tank or did u buy it online(if you bought it at your lfs will they ship). Im wondering cause im going to be setting up a 15g SPS dominated tank but i want a rimless also. Id hate to order one from my LFS but i will if i need to. Is that sapphire(spelling?) glass?

That is a very rare find Dan. You should give yourself a nice pat on the back for that one. I am looking for 1 certain piece of Tonga to fill in a space in my tank. I can't describe it but I will know it is right when I find it.Future TOTM you have started here. ;)

Ow and what happened to the Avatar?I loved it haha

systemtool

Awesome tank.. I am in Kingston, Ontario.. you need to put some of those acans on a raft and float them across the lake for me! lol

That is amazing. The minimal look is absolutely awesome. What LFS are you finding rock like that at?

Not actually from Saucier....

Wow amazing tank. very clean and sleek. Did you DIY that tank or did u buy it online(if you bought it at your lfs will they ship). Im wondering cause im going to be setting up a 15g SPS dominated tank but i want a rimless also. Id hate to order one from my LFS but i will if i need to. Is that sapphire(spelling?) glass?

Thanks.

Believe it or not... its just a 20 gallon marina tank kit. I took the top trim off, as well as the Sh#tty hood, and replaced it with a tek light.

The tank was also drilled, and a DIY overflow box was put in.

That is a very rare find Dan. You should give yourself a nice pat on the back for that one. I am looking for 1 certain piece of Tonga to fill in a space in my tank. I can't describe it but I will know it is right when I find it.Future TOTM you have started here. ;)

Ow and what happened to the Avatar?I loved it haha

THANKS! and Yeah the branch was a lucky find :). The lfs had been holding it for many years. I hope you find that one piece that you are looking for :)

Awesome tank.. I am in Kingston, Ontario.. you need to put some of those acans on a raft and float them across the lake for me! lol

LOL! I think acans are cheaper across the lake...

That is amazing. The minimal look is absolutely awesome. What LFS are you finding rock like that at?

Not actually from Saucier....

Found it at a small family owned pet store. :)

jjjo, where do you get most of these acans from?

I get them from many sources.

I quit acans though. they are way to $$$$... or at least the ones I want to keep in my tank :(

Anyway, Thanks for looking all. I hope to keep this thread more up to date than I have been previously.

-dan

just because it's more appropriate to have this in your thread than mine... I'll say this again.

I've always been a fan of your tanks/tank style! Branchy with the touch of torch flair! And always so clean :happy:

nanoboy747

jjjo can u take a pic of the tank with the light on and dont zoom in on the tank so much i want to see what the hole tank looks like plz.

I get them from many sources.

I quit acans though. they are way to $$$$... or at least the ones I want to keep in my tank :(

Anyway, Thanks for looking all. I hope to keep this thread more up to date than I have been previously.

-dan

i hear that.im about to sell some of mine

Holy hot dam!!

now that's nice :o

Thanks!

jjjo can u take a pic of the tank with the light on and dont zoom in on the tank so much i want to see what the hole tank looks like plz.

Here ya go. I switched out the reef wave purple, with an ATI aquablue spezial. I like the tanks color far more with the new ATI bulb.

mind the legs. I am debating whether to hang the tek or not.

FTSfar.jpg

And a few more:

Big acan

acan-1.jpg

H20 acan

h20.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Dan

nanoreef-R
Big acan

acan-1.jpg

:wub:

I was just kinding J, your tank is beautiful as always! It's uniqque and I really love the aquascape!

I'm thinking this concept will be in my next tank.... ;)

Yeah, hang the lights. They would complete the tank's sex appeal! :P

Damn this one looks even better than before! I hate you more now :angry:

:D JK looks awesome. Thos acans have some crazy colors

NaClCrocodile

Is your Breeder still up? I love your tanks and finally found some branch rock for... $2/lb :o... but I just can't seem to get the vision that you've got for yours. Looks great!

Archived