Coral Vue Hydros

12in Rimless Eye-candy Cube

jjjo

Thanks for the compliments all :)

The conch is still doing a crazy job on the sand. Might add a goby, or cucumber soon to make it even cleaner. haha

Awesome tank for sure. What will you be charging for torch frags?

I'm not going to lie. It's rather expensive. PM me if you are serious. I'd rather not post classified ads/prices/etc in my build thread now that I'm thinking about it.

thanks,

dan

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nanoreef-R
LOL! that might be worthy of a sig right there.

And what does this tank need eh? Don't say vortech. I REFUSE

:happy:

Yeah Vortech of course but I don't want to battle with jjjo it might get ugly! :P

No I think this tank needs more expensive fish!

:happy:

Yeah Vortech of course but I don't want to battle with jjjo it might get ugly! :P

No I think this tank needs more expensive fish!

I was thinking about either a swissguard or a deepwater candy basslet. They both are nice fish (however the latter being way more expensive).

however, i cannot justify spending $$$ on something that WILL eventually die. And unlike corals, they dont multiply easily, nor can they be fragged up to recoup funds. :(

maybe a shrimp and goby pair, or a shoal of bangaii cardinals. I really don't know yet.

nanoreef-R
I was thinking about either a swissguard or a deepwater candy basslet. They both are nice fish (however the latter being way more expensive).

however, i cannot justify spending $$$ on something that WILL eventually die. And unlike corals, they dont multiply easily, nor can they be fragged up to recoup funds. :(

maybe a shrimp and goby pair, or a shoal of bangaii cardinals. I really don't know yet.

Yeah, I agree, but adding a very nice and rare fish to your tank will give it something else that you rarely see in other peoples tanks. And frankly, a Candy Basslet lives for 13 years, so by then, you'll probably have made twice it's original price by selling your yellow hammer ;)

Anyways can't wait to see what you add!

Yeah I hear ya. I might get a candy bass this summer if I can afford one. they too expensive :(

On a lighter note. She opened a lot more today :)

happyendinghalfopen.jpg

hopefully within the next two weeks it will fully extend and cover the disk (and expose the crazy centers of the polyps). The disk sure is an eyesore LOL

The big polyp still needs to heal up though :(

nanoreef-R
Yeah I hear ya. I might get a candy bass this summer if I can afford one. they too expensive :(

On a lighter note. She opened a lot more today :)

happyendinghalfopen.jpg

She? Really jjjo? :P

:wub:

If I get addicted to acans is cuz of you and your beautiful pictures :P

She? Really jjjo? :P

:wub:

If I get addicted to acans is cuz of you and your beautiful pictures :P

And yes. She Definitely as prettier than half the chicks I see on a daily basis. And I'm a lifeguard. I deal with LOTS of she's haha

nanoreef-R

And yes. She Definitely as prettier than half the chicks I see on a daily basis. And I'm a lifeguard. I deal with LOTS of she's haha

Soooo, what do you do during winter? :P

Haley Williams and a tank like this. It doesnt get to much better!

:) Hayley williams is hot lol

[happyendingfull.jpg

Almost healed up and healthy :) *big polyp is now farther open than the edge of disk... just as predicted*

*center showing up now too :)*

boosted chemist
:) Hayley williams is hot lol

[happyendingfull.jpg

Almost healed up and healthy :) *big polyp is now farther open than the edge of disk... just as predicted*

*center showing up now too :)*

How do u get your scans to grow so well? Any tips or hints

I love the Happy Endingz!!!

And get a goby/shrimp pair! omgomgomg You won't regret it!

Thanks! Happy endingz now my favorite coral in my tank :)

And as far as fish go. i might keep it fishless, until I can get a candy basslet.

How do u get your Acans to grow so well? Any tips or hints

Lower t5 light. Lower indirect/moderate flow. Feed 2 x a week. Make sure they don't smother each other out. sometimes one colony will open huge on a random day, and shade another. Have to make sure they all play nice with each other.

WOW.... I love it... Unique and very clean looking... Nice job!

thanks!

Soooo, what do you do during winter? :P

I watch ppl swim in indoor pools. and college. :)

I see, what bulb u running if u don't mind me asking?

ATI blue plus

ATI aquablue spezial

UVL super actinic

ATI blue plus

-dan

Although a few corals were relocated, and it may seem that I have gone backwards, I feel that the tank looks less cluttered, and has much potential to be better than it was. I honestly felt that the hammer was taking away from the torch coral a bit, and want to limit myself to only the torch euphyllia for this tank. If I had a larger aquarium, multiple euphyllia would work.

I also plan on sticking with only zoas and palys on the rockwork. and nothing else. I also plan to start a mushroom garden underneath the torch coral rock, and relocate the zoos that are there now to the main branch. :)

Here is where things currently are.

*full lighting... so colors may look a bit washed out compared to the blue plus shots I usually post*

10.jpg

thanks for looking all :)

dan

Fantastic as always and really like the new plans. Now that you removed the hammer, you really do notice the Torch a little more. Great change!!

I look forward to seeing what you create the mushroom garden with.

animalmaster6

So how many tanks are currentlly running? Not sumps and refugiums, just displays and frag tanks/prop tanks.

:)

So how many tanks are currentlly running? Not sumps and refugiums, just displays and frag tanks/prop tanks.

I have 1 display 20 high rimless tank.

I have a friend with 2 100 gallon frag tubs, and a 40 breeder frag tank for holding frags.

I have an LFS that also holds stuff for me sometimes.

I will be setting up a 15 gallon frag tank soon.

Sweet!

Is the 4o Breeder and frag tubs for holding your corals and your friends corals?

It's mainly for high light corals. It is lit with a radium 250 on a lumenbrite reflector.

It's my friends growout system. He just does me the favor of letting me use it. Most of the frags I have in those growout tanks will go in my new 15g frag tank after its setup. :)

Fantastic as always and really like the new plans. Now that you removed the hammer, you really do notice the Torch a little more. Great change!!

I look forward to seeing what you create the mushroom garden with.

Thanks!!! Im glad to see you agree with my change. makes me feel much better.

I hope to start my garden with one of those ultra rainbow mushrooms, and RandyO's bicolor mushroom.

this tank is simply epic

Thanks!!

Archived