Top Shelf Aquatics

Just got my Par38

nbsdsailor

I just got my Evil Par38 and my first impressions are "WOW!". I already have a phoenix 150w over my BC29, I really just wanted more actinic lighting. The Par38 was a good choice for me, because I have no canopy and the tank is rimless. It just had so many more mounting options. I got the 80 degree 20k. It almost gives a crazy tie die look, because there is a lot of water movement on the surface of my tank. I shouldn't post these pictures because my tank looks like it is saturated blue now, but here is the before and after. It really looks much better than this irl. Leds are impossible to photograph.

post-50753-1271900614_thumb.jpgpost-50753-1271900626_thumb.jpgpost-50753-1271900632_thumb.jpg

I think it needs more blue

j/k looks great, I have a 18 cree tank and I keep my blues at 100%..... My neighbors think that I have like a nuclear reactor at home, or maybe a strip club? LOL

thumbup i am running two of those exact same bulbs over my tank and they are awesome my corals love it and it just so much more pleasant too look at

WOW, that is really cool. I have been looking for someone else with a BC29 and the PAR38. How do you have it mounted? Do you have a glass cover?

I just posted a thread trying to figure out who makes that clip-on bracket. Where'd you get yours and how's it working out with the Par38? You can adjust the angle left-to-right and front-to-back?

Archived