Coral Vue Hydros

AC70 Overflowing?

sanchez

Hey all,

I have a modded AC70 fuge on my 3 gallon pico and it's overflowing to be simple. The chamber with the pump in it is too full of water and it flows back out the front of the pump over the tube.

When I turn it up to max power, the waterline is no more than 2mm below the top of the unit. There's not much in there, just some chaeto and my heater. What could be causing this?

maybe your baffles are not allowing enough water to go through

for me i drilled extra holes in my baffles before i silicone them in

Yeah I'm thinking that's what it is too... I can't really take it apart, but something to think about lol.

It's so bad that I think more water comes back out of the chamber on the left than comes down the ramp where it's supposed to lol.

Here's some pics of the pump so you can really see how much water comes back out.

4541598441_dc1879cf2b_b.jpg

4542232132_a58fd96219_b.jpg

disaster999

that doesnt seem right. i would seriously consider redoing the baffles in your filter. like you said...you only have a heater and chaeto in there. shouldnt be any problem taking it apart for a few hours to get it fixed

• 2 weeks later...
gregzbobo

From looking at the 2nd pic, it looks like the exit baffle is pretty blocked with algae, have you tried cleaning it?

From looking at the 2nd pic, it looks like the exit baffle is pretty blocked with algae, have you tried cleaning it?

x2 on this. I had a similar issue. All I did was clean the front up and it went back to its normal level.

x2 on this. I had a similar issue. All I did was clean the front up and it went back to its normal level.

That's what I ended up doing, 10x better flow and about an inch to play with in the back chamber :)

Thanks all!!

Archived