SaltCritters.com

The Marine Planted Tank & Macro Algae Thread

bitts

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
SantaMonica

Yea I have not heard of any acclimating being needed either. However there can be a lot of micro pods and things attached that you might want to keep, in which case acclimating would help.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
nawilson89

I really enjoyed reading through this thread. I wanted to ask about my Graciliara that i recently added to my aquarium. After reading i wanted to become a full fledge Macro enthusiast.

I added this beauty two weeks ago and since then its pretty much self propagated. I have pieces all over the aquarium. Is that good? Or could it be slowly dying?

post-80909-0-21259700-1404254889_thumb.jpeg

I really enjoyed reading through this thread. I wanted to ask about my Graciliara that i recently added to my aquarium. After reading i wanted to become a full fledge Macro enthusiast.

I added this beauty two weeks ago and since then its pretty much self propagated. I have pieces all over the aquarium. Is that good? Or could it be slowly dying?

attachicon.gif20140630_210308.jpeg

You do know that the urchin you have there in that picture can and probably will start eating any macros you place in your tank right?

nawilson89

You do know that the urchin you have there in that picture can and probably will start eating any macros you place in your tank right?

I'm aware, I usually supplement with nori, but she gets curious when something new in the tank. She picked at a few of the outer branches and then left.

Is it being picked apart by anything?

As Speaker said, i do have a sea urchin in there she eats off the outermost branches. It's propagating though deep on the large branches.

• 6 years later...
growsomething

Very nice pics in the article.  I listened to a podcast you were a guest on maybe 2 mo. ago.  Makes me want to go macro!  I think it sounds more labor intensive than my softie tank, though.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, growsomething said:

Very nice pics in the article.  I listened to a podcast you were a guest on maybe 2 mo. ago.  Makes me want to go macro!  I think it sounds more labor intensive than my softie tank, though.

Thank you! The trimming and dosing part I think is more labor intensive for sure.