Innovative Marine Aquariums

AIO Tank

srkdaz

Hi All,

I am new to Nano-Reef. Fellow reefer from another website forwarded me here. I currently have a year and half old 60g SW tank. I am thinking to downsize it to 29 gallon. I do have a spare 29gallon tank but want to see if it make sense to buy an AIO tank.

Which brand is a better one: Oceanic/JBJ/Red Sea Max? Would i be able to keep soft corals like frogspawn, hammerhead, mushrooms, polyps, zoas, red cup corals under standard lighting we get in these AIO tanks?

Please advice.

THanks!

Better is really depending on what you need. The RSM has many "feaures" and an overall good design, but to keep a successful reef, you need to gut it out. That being said, the three brands you have stated are all great aquariums. I personally like the NanoCube less than the other two, but simply by design. With what you want to keep, stock lighting would be just fine on all of them. I would check out NanoTuners because they offer lighting upgrades that would give you more choices of corals.

recreationguru

whats your price range? Oceanic makes a great looking 20 something gallon with a MH over it. Its fairly expensive tho. PC light on one of these will support softies and whatnot. I like the way the oceanic and RSM look. Im not a fan of the JBJ but that is merely personal preference and think that the JBJ will function as well as the others.

as stated by nanoreef-R you will probably do modifications to them all for better performance etc.

I want to buy 29g tank. LFS is getting JBJ 29g LED tank but i guess its very expensive. I would only keep basic corals as i stated above so i think i dont need MH lighting.

LFS has 29g oceanic with standard lighting for $339. Is that a good price or not really? I dont want to spend much on modifications atleast for the first year. :)

I want to buy 29g tank. LFS is getting JBJ 29g LED tank but i guess its very expensive. I would only keep basic corals as i stated above so i think i dont need MH lighting.

LFS has 29g oceanic with standard lighting for $339. Is that a good price or not really? I dont want to spend much on modifications atleast for the first year. :)

does it come with the stand if not foster&smith sells it for around 263 with the shipping added and u get 30 bucks for liveaquaria

Archived