Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Zuzu's Mini Reef World

Zuzu

The Solana 34 thread has helped me so much in setting up my tank, I thought that I'd post some photos of my modifications as well. Today I will start with the custom cabinet I had made. It is solid alder wood and rated to handle 1800lbs, so if I ever get a bigger tank, I'm good to go. I wanted a bigger stand to use as an end table and give me some work space. It is 40" wide by 30" deep and 32" tall including the Ceasarstone top (completely water proof and very durable). Not only does my townhouse tilt, the floor is very uneven, so it has 6 adjustable legs so we could get it level--at least it was level until the last earthquake. post-50043-1271792136_thumb.jpg The legs are covered by a removable piece of base trim. post-50043-1271792208_thumb.jpg In addition to the doors in front, there are doors on the one side, so if I ever switch over to a sump, there is easy access.post-50043-1271792290_thumb.jpg

Here is how it looks so far. You can see the floor's slope if you look closely at the base trim.

post-50043-1271792419_thumb.jpg

Running out of room, so other modifications will come another day--I made a cheap dry dock for my MP10 and a good media holder. I just ordered the new Acan 101 all LED 20" fixture (no noisy fan!!) and am having a custom support bracket made, so more to come. Here's my favorite new baby, a lobophilia.

post-50043-1271792880_thumb.jpg

Crackerballer

Looks awesome. I am trying to decide if that is the type of stand I want for my tank, so I have some ledges to set things as I work.

Looks awesome. I am trying to decide if that is the type of stand I want for my tank, so I have some ledges to set things as I work.

I have found this set up to be extremely useful when doing water changes, drip acclimation, chemistry tests, etc as well as a functional end table for my favorite TV viewing place. The Ceasarstone top is dead flat and easy to keep clean. Just be sure that whoever builds the cabinet understands the great weight involved with an aquarium so it is sturdy enough.

Crackerballer
I have found this set up to be extremely useful when doing water changes, drip acclimation, chemistry tests, etc as well as a functional end table for my favorite TV viewing place. The Ceasarstone top is dead flat and easy to keep clean. Just be sure that whoever builds the cabinet understands the great weight involved with an aquarium so it is sturdy enough.

I'm lucky, I've got a guy local that does amazing work, he is actually on here (redfishsc) and I am going to have him build me something once I move in. I am going to save the pic of yours and show it to him, and just color match our furniture.

Archived