Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

an idea

bearwithfish

bearwithfish

ok so my tank is cycling and i need a bit more sand but... in the future i intend to keep corals and i have a great light i made for the main tank.. here is my idea if i get into fragging for sale or trade i dont really want all the frags in my display tank. nor do i want another set up entirely. so my thought was to take a regular 10 gallon with a flat plexi top and have it set up similer to a sump. that is the water will come fromthe display tank to the 10 which will house frags, frag stand (i have some cool DIY plans), and a power head then in a small section divided off have the return pump back to the display tank...

no need for anything else other than lighting and the set up i just built cost about $40 and i could do a similer one for a ten for $20.

total to set up another 10 gal nano about $90 if i play it smart

total to set this up around $40

what are your thought or feelings on this one?

bearwithfish

looking to be cost effective at this point....

as for the light we went to home depot and found these cool full spectrum lights with a flat 4tube bulb in them and they were about 20 each so we got two and took them apart then made a hood mount for them and run a t8 acentic (spelling sorry) lamp also.. its super bright and as i am just in the begining of my cycle i can not yet tell how good it is but the feather dusters and now star fish seem to like them (i found that guy this morning!!! :D )

BLoCkCliMbeR

thats basically what alot of LFS do, just plumb em together....

as far as your lighting selection, might i suggest a real light, at least some pc made for reefing. i have a strange feeling youll just be growin algae with that "full spectrum" bulb. its probably a 6500k, which are great for FW nano tanks.... if its the light im thinking, its a favorite among the freshwater nerds

Archived