Innovative Marine Aquariums

Recommendations for lunar lights?

Jaexyn

I just got a new MH/T5 combo. The light is great but it doesn't come with a moon/lunar light option of any sort. Anyone have any personal recommendations they can give? I looked at the Coralife clamp on one and the Lunar Light/Link one. The Lunar Light/Link looks like it would be great, but I can't mount it underneath my light fixture because it's pretty much all glass.

Any thoughts?

~J

buy some cheap blue LED on ebay and wire them up.. thats what i usually do :) you can lookaround the the house for an old ac adapter that is 12-10v and use that :)

buy some cheap blue LED on ebay and wire them up.. thats what i usually do :) you can lookaround the the house for an old ac adapter that is 12-10v and use that :)

That's not a bad idea...then again, I'm so anti-DIY that I might as well just jam a fork in a light socket. I don't do electrical lol.

I saw in the DIY section somebody used CFFLs from his computer to get moonlighting. For less than 10 bucks a set, I think that I'm going to use that. You also need a special power supply with a molex connector, but those aren't too pricey either.

Here's the link: Cold Cathode Moonlighting mod

Archived