Innovative Marine Aquariums

Never Began with a Nano but compared to my new tank its a Nano lol.

SK8URDEAD

well at the beginning of my Reefing life i wanted a Salt Water Aquarium. i purchased a 62G almost 2 years ago and have had it up and runin since. from age 17 to current age of 19.DSC04518.jpg

DSC01753.jpg

DSC01756.jpg024-1.jpg

040.jpg

well i put lots of money into it. about $3k worth and have always wanted to go bigger. well i went nano with a 10G and also a 30G. i soon scrapped up those ideas. and bought myself a car. i know im young(19) but i have a good paying job for a great company so i bought my self a 02 325i BMW.

PIC-0079.jpg(with out a Cold Air Intake)

PIC-0136.jpg(with my installed Cold Air Intake)

PIC-0350.jpg

PIC-0323.jpg

after understanding how to budget my money with the car payments along with others like my HDTV's i decided time to go bigger. i was going to buy a brand new Tank but luckly my friend who owns Aquarium Designs in San Antonio,TX, has a used tank for sale. its a 110G with stand canopy, sump/refugium/ VHO built in the canopy. also a return pump with a flow rate of 1090gph along with coming reef ready. hes going to set it all up at his shop and had it cleaned that way when i pick it up we just disconnect the tubes and pvc and load it up for a simply plug and play once i arrive at home. im getting this all for a total of $500 which i was very happy and amazed. to build my current 62G which will be down soon cost me a minimum of $1200 just to set up with out water in it along with a ro/di unit.

well here are pics of the soon to be new setup :)

PIC-0412.jpg

PIC-0410.jpg

PIC-0407.jpg

PIC-0408.jpg

PIC-0409.jpg

PIC-0406.jpg

and a random sting ray they have in one of there tanks :P

PIC-0405.jpg

first thing to do when i get the tank is take off the blue background thats on it and paint it black :)

thejanitor86

i guess cause you put picture of your bimmer they also want to see pictures of everything. i dont know. i +1 to the where did that come from. nice tank btw, cant wait to see what it becomes.

i guess cause you put picture of your bimmer they also want to see pictures of everything. i dont know. i +1 to the where did that come from. nice tank btw, cant wait to see what it becomes.

well i did have a GF till about a week or 2 ago. now were just friends after a 2.5 year long relationship. but if you want pictures of other things lol i can do that :P cant wait to get the tank and put in my current rockscape(way different then the one in the pics above with less rocks and lots more corals/zoos/acans :))

Just givin' you a hard time. Being a reef forum, I understand the picture of the stingray; however, the Beemer was a little random (not to mention talk of your good job and HDTVs). I was starting to expect a picture that "just happened to" have a hot girl in it.

PIC-0410.jpg

That's some return plumbing.

PIC-0407.jpg

I'd ditch the bio-balls from your sump.

Sorry about the gf. Any pics?

j/k

Just givin' you a hard time. Being a reef forum, I understand the picture of the stingray; however, the Beemer was a little random (not to mention talk of your good job and HDTVs). I was starting to expect a picture that "just happened to" have a hot girl in it.

PIC-0410.jpg

That's some return plumbing.

PIC-0407.jpg

I'd ditch the bio-balls from your sump.

Sorry about the gf. Any pics?

j/k

yeah i ditched the bioballs in my first tank set up(my 62) and im goign to do it again. as for that area not sure what ill put in there. probably carbon or something that can be of use.

i did have a GF who am now friends with along with other girls i hang out with that i can post pictures off. ill post them later today since i go to work in about 30 minutes.

lol

Kuddos for being 19 and having a descent job. I remember back when I lived at home and had lots of money. Those were the days.

Nice bmw too. I bet you paid around 10-11k for it? :)

yeah i ditched the bioballs in my first tank set up(my 62) and im goign to do it again. as for that area not sure what ill put in there. probably carbon or something that can be of use.
Yeah, a skimmer, Chaeto fuge area, carbon or GFO media, filter floss, heater, or whatever.

Don't worry about the pics, I was just being a smart___. ;)

lol

Kuddos for being 19 and having a descent job. I remember back when I lived at home and had lots of money. Those were the days.

Nice bmw too. I bet you paid around 10-11k for it? :)

you are correct sir. $9,995 plust tax and tittle comes to the middle of 10/11k :) only thing is either ill be adding a other 10k into it or just keep it for now and buy an E46 M3 down the road and hope to super charge it or put a turbo. with my 325i the plan is keep it nice, get some 18's and coil overs to lower it along with a Active Autowerke Super Charger :). but thats not till a other 2-3 years since my money will be going into my new tank lol.

Archived