Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

hello my name is rodrigo im beginner

rodrigo_javier88

rodrigo_javier88

hello my name is rodrigo im from mexico i write in this forum becouse in mexico the forums dont have much information, and some people only want to buy me thinks that my nano dont have to use, my nano is about 14g it have 8 pound of dead rock and iam going to buy 8 pounds of live rock, the sand is about 2 in of deep, a power head(600 lts/hour), i dont want to use a skimmer y want to use only a extern filter and i can clean it once at week and change 10% of water.

well, my english in not the best, y wish, you can understan me bye!!!!!!!

:welcome: You dont need to skim with a tank that small, just keep up with your water changes. There is a ton of info available and I would advise you to read, read and read again ! I would start here http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showforum=27 once you have an understanding of filtration and water chemistry, it will make your life a lot easier in this hobby :) good luck and enjoy !
lakshwadeep

:welcome: to nano-reef.com

Your tank setup and cleaning schedule are fine.

There are a few other members from mexico.

thanks for all who reply mi message, i have a question... how many time do i have to clycle de nano????

Normally a new tank cycles once. Then you use weekly water changes to replenish nutrients and remove / dilute toxins. However when you add more rock you will most likely see another cycle depending on how cured that rock is.

rodrigo_javier88
Normally a new tank cycles once. Then you use weekly water changes to replenish nutrients and remove / dilute toxins. However when you add more rock you will most likely see another cycle depending on how cured that rock is.

well my nano is cycling since two weeks ago, with 7pounds of dead rock, and a 2-3 inches of deep sand, so i have to add the liverock as soon as possible??

hello Rodrigo!! i am spanish speaker too!!! welcome to the forum!!!! this is the best reef forum over the internet!!! thanks to the guys here!!!! i cycled my tank!!! and a few days ago i had an emergency i posted it here and a few minutes after that i had answers to my questions about how to handle the emergency!!!

by the way as far as i uderstand you have to cycle your tank with the live rock (cured or uncured) to have the ammonia peak that is going to start the process or you will need to use another method to have the ammonia peak.

if you cycle your tank and after that you add uncured live rock you are going to start the cycle again! but dont belive me because i am a beginner too so it is a better idea if you post your parameters readings so the guys here could help your!!!!

about the question that you asked i have the feeling that you wanted to ask about how much time do you have to cycle your tank and not how many time (its a common mistake for the spanish speakers use many insted of much), so if i am right the answer is going to be that you know that your cycle ends when the ammonia and nitrite readings are at 0!!!

rodrigo_javier88

thanks for your replys, i have another problem the ph is to low i take the test and the result is 7.5... what can i use tu put in on 8????

What time are you testing pH? In the morning when your lights are off, your pH will be lower. pH will increase when your lights are on.

If the tank is still cycling don't worry about the PH. After the cycle is complete PH becomes more important.

Archived