Coral Vue Hydros

New Biocube 14 g owner. Can I ask a favor?

sublime1996525

sublime1996525

Ok so this is my first post on this forum. Just got a 14g biocube about 1 week ago. I feel bad for this, since it is my first post, but I'm going to ask. Does anybody have any extra chaeto they would be willing to hook me up with? I went to my LFS and they want $7 a handfull which seems like a bit much and I've read that a lot of people just trim it and dispose of it. I'm wanting to use it for a media basket in the 2nd chamber. Any help would be great. Thanks.

lakshwadeep

:welcome: to nano-reef.com

Posting your location would be good. Also, check the classified forums. $7 isn't that bad.

sublime1996525

Ok and here is one more thing I forgot to mention. The guy I talked to wasn't really sure what chaeto was but had an idea and showed me an all blacked out tank with a light on top that had a bunch of green seaweed looking stuff in it. From pictures I've seen I'm assuming that is the right stuff and if you guys think it's not to much then I'll just get that. Thanks!

Sorry for the dumb question but I'm completely new to salt water tanks.

Oh I'm in Salt Lake City, UT

sublime1996525

$7 isn't really expensive but it seemed like a bit much for a handfull, however much that is. Just figured I'd ask. Didn't want to get ripped for seaweed that's all. Lol

BLoCkCliMbeR
I smoke seaweed because it's cheaper.

7 bucks is cheaper than 50 for an 1/8

once you get some, you can grow it like mad in a 5 gal bucket and a clamp light. i use to sell 5 gal buckets full to the LFS for 20 bucks.

i usually dont throw it away, but ive been guilty the past month or so of just tossing about a gallons worth into the disposal

You have to remember that the guy is in business to stay in business. Some members give it away free but after shipping you are looking at $5-7.

You have to remember that the guy is in business to stay in business. Some members give it away free but after shipping you are looking at $5-7.

I'm sure if you order Stevies media rack, he may throw in a little for free :lol:

While I do provide products for chaeto, I do not actually have any myself. I run all chemical medias in my basket.

lakshwadeep

I would be wary of someone who doesn't know what chaetomorpha is; they might try to sell you something potentially invasive like Caulerpa.

Archived