Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Feeding Frogspawn

reefbike

I used a 5mL syringe with mysis and just shot a little right into the center.

I could see a very bright colored opening and just pushed a little in there.

After about 10 minutes it looks like it's all gone. Pretty cool. My Maze Brain

I've never seen so ''opened up either''.

I wouldn't feed anything bigger than adult brine shrimp to frogspawn. That's the largest the can process without vomiting. The annoying thing about the vomiting is it happens mostly at night, after lights out. So you think you have a happy frogspawn who is eating well, when in actuality nothing is staying in the system.

I feed mine two things: cyclop-eeze, and/or Hikari "Marine A" pellets. I've never seen it "vomit," though I suppose it's possible with the pellets... but the coral has shown growth over the past few months, so something seems to be working.

I feed mine two things: cyclop-eeze, and/or Hikari "Marine A" pellets. I've never seen it "vomit," though I suppose it's possible with the pellets... but the coral has shown growth over the past few months, so something seems to be working.

Cyclop-eeze is great and does promote growth. :) As long as it's smaller than fully grown brine shrimp.

I have see posts about feeding frogspawns. I have one and I still don't understand. You take a droper of some sort and squirt the food at thier mouths? I usually put some rotifeast or oysterfeast in the tank for all the corals and I feed the fish a variety of frozen meaty foods. I have never seen the frogspawn's mouth open or take anything. Food that gets into its tenticles just sits, gets blown off, or the fish take it off. It seems to be doing pretty good. It has not grown any heads since I have had it, but it is getting larger.

I have see posts about feeding frogspawns. I have one and I still don't understand. You take a droper of some sort and squirt the food at thier mouths? I usually put some rotifeast or oysterfeast in the tank for all the corals and I feed the fish a variety of frozen meaty foods. I have never seen the frogspawn's mouth open or take anything. Food that gets into its tenticles just sits, gets blown off, or the fish take it off. It seems to be doing pretty good. It has not grown any heads since I have had it, but it is getting larger.

Yep, just drop food on their mouths and they will take it. I don't feed mine because it already grows too fast

:P

disaster999

i feed my tank a mixture of food. hikari frozened mysis and krill, finely minced shrimp, oyster eggs, zooplex, cyclopeeze, small pellets, zooplex. made a huge batch and freeze them in an ice tray. the thawing and freezing and thawing of the food breaks down the cell structure so everything is pretty much like mush when i feed the tank. i take a syringe and just squirt the food at the frogspawn and you can see its tentacles grab on to the food and retracts. i have yet to see it puke up brown crap like this.

Mine eats whatever he catches.. Mysis, Oysterfeast, Phytofeast, flake food, Krill, silversides. Damn thing's at least 120 heads now and bigger than a volleyball. Almost the size of a small beach ball. Time to frag the bastard because he's taken over the entire center of my 95 gallon.. This pic was taken 6 months ago and now he's probably at least 1/3 to 1/2x bigger. The Toadstool moved over about 4 inches and the zoa colony on the right had to be moved over. He eats when I drop food in there everyday.. Nice centerpiece though. Just needs a haircut...

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv202/n...16/P1000358.jpg

Archived