ReefCleaners.org

can i add two male flasher wrasse at same time?

shan

I have a 34g Solana. Currently have 2 small false percs, 1 starki damsel. Lots of sps, softies, 7 clams (i know!! LOL) .

Can I add two different kinds of male falsher wrasses? I dont have room for a male and two females. But I have read about keeping two males of different species, they will flash each other? I have ordered a kenyan Mccoskers from Divers Den and thought maybe adding a filamented, or a velvet fairy wrasse??

From what I understand, it would work for you to add a Male Fairy and a Male Flasher, but not 2 male fairies or flashers.

And yes, I think you could do it at the same time, provided they are one of the ones that stays smaller and wouldnt' get too big for your tank.

Why don't you just get a pair?

ive already purchased a male, that hasnt been shipped yet. Since my space in my tank is limited, i thought it might work better to see if two males would be possible, for better coloring, than adding a female just to get the one male to flash.

Nemo Niblets
ive already purchased a male, that hasnt been shipped yet. Since my space in my tank is limited, i thought it might work better to see if two males would be possible, for better coloring, than adding a female just to get the one male to flash.

It would likely stress them out. I don't think it would work, but PM Marvin'sreef and ask him. He's the wrasse guy.

Archived