inTank Media Baskets

algae outbreak?

rickg

This is growing fast. I have started adding Chemi clean. Today I added more./Users/user/Pictures/iPhoto Library/2004/03/22/DSCF0620.JPG/Users/user/Pictures/iPhoto Library/2004/03/22/DSCF0625.JPG/Users/user/Pictures/iPhoto Library/2004/03/22/DSCF0632.JPG/Users/user/Pictures/iPhoto Library/2004/03/22/DSCF0633.JPG

post-44519-1271544876_thumb.jpg

Ok so I haven't a clue as to how to add more than one photo. I have photo bucket but don't have a clue as to how to use it.

The one photo is a fair representation of whats going on. A bubble with a reddish string off it and brown matter covering the sand, It now is growing over xenia and over zoas the bubbles are on snails and crabs. I shouldn't be having a nitrate or phosphorus problem. My fuge has a ton o chaetomorpha and LR. Fishes include 2 new semi snowflake clowns, yellow clown goby, orchid dottyback and a firefish. Parameters 1.025 Ph 8.3 0 NO3 9 KH 430 cal Had my LFS test it to confirm my test they say my water is fine.

40br display and 20L fuge.

My apologies for my dysfunctional use of the forum. :wacko: Is Chemi clean the proper product to use?

Parameters test fine. see prior post. If the problem is Dinoflagentes not cyano, what to do? I've read horrors of replacing live sand, live rock most everything. Is that truly the only way to go? It is costly. Currently I'm using Chemi clean, will do a water change on Monday and vacuum up as much as I can. Should I be sending my fish into QT? Is it possible to clean the corals?

Thanks for the help.

Chemi clean will not work for dinos. I had them myself in my RSM. Sometimes it's nothing that you are doing or not doing. If they get introduced to your tank and for some reason your tank has enough nutrients to feed them they take off.

Changing the sand bed will not help either. Do a search as there are quite a few threads about it. You can try a blackout for 3 days and see if that helps. Also, even if your parameters are good the dinos will cause your nitrates to be 0. But you might have a nutrient problem.

For pictures....go to your photobucket. Click on the IMG code under the picture. Right click and "copy" then come to your thread and paste it here. When you paste it here it should only post the picture. If you want to post multiple pictures it helps to keep 2 tabs open....photobucket and Nano Reef. Then you can go back and forth between the two to cut and paste pictures. I hope that helps explain it.

But really....search "dinos" or "dinoflagellates" and read up. You can also go to Wet Web Media and search on there. It's a really good source for info.

Good luck!!

Did you think when people ship corals and fish they threw in a glow stick? ;)

Jk.

They will be fine for a few days.

I turned the lights off so the tank only gets ambient light. And today it looked a bit better thats to say no worse. I'll stay with this program for a few more days. As I used Chemi clean a water change is required 20%. Tomorrow is a very busy day at work (tanks location) probably wc on Wed.. Thanks for everyones help.

:D And thanks for the help with photobucket

I turned the lights off so the tank only gets ambient light. And today it looked a bit better thats to say no worse. I'll stay with this program for a few more days. As I used Chemi clean a water change is required 20%. Tomorrow is a very busy day at work (tanks location) probably wc on Wed.. Thanks for everyones help.

:D And thanks for the help with photobucket

Archived