Coral Vue Hydros

20 long frag tank lighting suggestions needed...

jgoldwood

Hey everyone. As the title states, today I'm finally putting together a 20L frag tank. I have two (seen below) 6x36" TEK T5 fixtures and will most likely utilize one of them. For bulbs, I have the following:

(4) ATI Blue +

(2) Geisemann Pure Acnitic

(1) GE 6500K

(1) Geisemann Acnitic +

(1) UV Acnitic White

(1) ATI Blue plus

(1) UV 75/25

I will have mostly softies in the tank and wouldn't mind doing either a 4 or 6 bulb set up. Also, I will be hanging the fixture so any suggestions on how hight off the tank would be great... thanks!

26012_111002225586220_100000293295267_178211_7786244_n.jpg

lovelandbmxrider

I would do 6 bulb with something like this

blue+

actinic white

blue +

Geisemann Acnitic +

blue +

UV 75/25

I would hang it between 9 and 14 inches above the tank.

I'm doing a 20L frag tank too. I plan on only 4 bulbs though. I do plan on going to 6 on my DT and will be running, in this order:

ati blue plus

kz Fiji purple

ati blue plus

ati aquablue special

blue plus

aquablue special

the blue plus bulbs put out almost the same par as the aquablue specials and are blue enough to not need actinic bulbs. I've tried a few actinics with my rig and they don't really make a difference when the blue plus bulbs are burning.

Crackerballer

If it were me and you had room, since you already have a great light, I would switch to a 40B and utilize all of that light and have a larger tank so you don't run out of room. 40bs can be had CHEAP.

lovelandbmxrider
If it were me and you had room, since you already have a great light, I would switch to a 40B and utilize all of that light and have a larger tank so you don't run out of room. 40bs can be had CHEAP.

I haven't ever seen a use 40b in Denver and

$120new is crazy. Thats what I paid for a 75g RR.(new)

Thanks for the input. I have a 40 breeder too, as I'm in the process of building a stand for it now. Actually, if you look at the picture posted, the 40 breeder is the tank pictured. The stand that it is sitting on, and the one the lights are leaning against, is not deep enough for a 40 breeder but fits the 20L rather well. Because of this, I set up the 20L as a frag tank to utilize one of the fixtures and that stand. I'll get a picture or two of how it's looking now - have the light hung. Thanks for the bulb opinions.

25122_115790971774012_100000293295267_194962_7331233_n.jpg

Excuse the crudeness. Filling with water now and it's pulled out from the wall to mess with the Reefkeeper setup. Opinions welcomed - thanks!

Are you looking to sell the other fixture? :)

Nice looking setup so far.

How did you make your lamp tree/hanging kit? Looks like it has a lot of potential.

+1

Thanks for the compliments. It's actually two wire conduits bent to 90 degrees hanging the lights. As of now I'm not looking to sell the other fixture - it'll be used on the 40 breeder I'm working on. Thanks again.

Archived