inTank Media Baskets

Podrod's 90g Peace-O-Reef

PodRod

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounds like I need to plan a trip over to your house to check out the new beauty. Great fish selection so far. I agree with you, there are so many amazing wrasses that it will be hard to narrow it down. It's great that Chris @ Tideline decided to start using Quality Marine for his livestock. I asked him about some random goby the other day and he said he can get me on a list for them.

Meant to tell you, I have the following that you may want down the line ;) :Orange Setosa, Red Planet, Garf Bonsai

-Adam

I just got a Red Planet from Linn but I'm ready for the Orange Setosa and Garf Bonsai whenever you are :) . Come on over anytime!

I love this thread so far. I am in the process of buying my first large tank (90) and you equiptment list is helping alot. Any more pics? sump pics? How are the LEDs working, User friendly?

I plan on uploading some more pics this evening or tomorrow. I'm really happy with my equipment selections so far. The LEDS are extremely user friendly and I don't think I could ever go back to MH now. Although it's still early, my new frags are doing great under the lights - no problems with color at all.

very nice tank..

Thanks - I'm having a lot of fun with it :)

Karen very glad to see you back with a tank again.

You knew I wouldn't stay away for long - it's an addiction!

Just a heads up that Tideline has a coupon for 25% off all wrasses in stock. ;)

Yep - I hit that one last week. I now have a Fairy Wrasse and my all time favorite - EVER - a beautiful Leopard Wrasse. He eats like crazy and no bullies in the bunch!

I've always loved the look of Leopard Wrasses, got2envy used to have a beautiful one in her tank.

Have I mentioned lately how very nice it is to have you back here again? :happydance:

I would pass on the PBT. Mine has grown quite a bit in the past few months, he's between 5 and 6" now. His aggression has REALLY increased with this latest growth spurt. He's not aggressive towards anyone else except the Yellow Tang (4 to 5"). The thing that scares the other fish is how active he is. He doesn't chase any of the other fish, but he doesn't yield to any of the other fish. So when he's swimming laps everyone else tries to avoid him. A 90 is pretty small for that active of a fish with other tank mates.

I'd get a tomini tang for a 90 gallon.

How do you like your lights now that you've had them for a little while?

The fish list for this tank is really coming together Karen.

Are you free during lunch in the coming weeks? I HAVE to swing by and check this beauty out in person over the next week or two.

I've always loved the look of Leopard Wrasses, got2envy used to have a beautiful one in her tank.

Have I mentioned lately how very nice it is to have you back here again? :happydance:

Oh shucks - you're such a great person and I'm so glad to be back! :blush:

I would pass on the PBT. Mine has grown quite a bit in the past few months, he's between 5 and 6" now. His aggression has REALLY increased with this latest growth spurt. He's not aggressive towards anyone else except the Yellow Tang (4 to 5"). The thing that scares the other fish is how active he is. He doesn't chase any of the other fish, but he doesn't yield to any of the other fish. So when he's swimming laps everyone else tries to avoid him. A 90 is pretty small for that active of a fish with other tank mates.

I'd get a tomini tang for a 90 gallon.

How do you like your lights now that you've had them for a little while?

I agree completely and have already decided to pass on the PBT. The yellow tang will be the only tang in the tank. The Splendid Leopard Wrasse is by far my favorite and her colors are true to her name. She's a sand diver so she's already turned in for the night. I took some pics of her today and will post later.

I LOVE the lights. I have them set up on a slow ramp up/down cycle with the same as our sunrise/set. I bleached one milli and had to move it down lower in the tank today. That was completely my fault and was more of an experiment for me. I had been told over and over to take it slow but I just had to learn for myself. I have the lights back down to 40% now and will go slower on the increase. What I don't like is the way the lights look in pics and I'm still using the rail kit so the lights are close to the water. That is something I'll learn to live with but kinda bites when you want to share good pics.

I don't like to read...

PHOTOS Lack thread this.

Darn - hate that I disappointed you! I have a new camera but haven't taken much time to figure out how to use it yet. I did take some pics earlier today and will post them tonight.

Then PHOTOS will be in thread this... :)

The fish list for this tank is really coming together Karen.

Are you free during lunch in the coming weeks? I HAVE to swing by and check this beauty out in person over the next week or two.

Hey Adam - traveling a lot this upcoming week but will be working from home on Friday. Let me know if you're available!

Here are pics from today. Nothing much in the way of corals yet, but I really like the new wrasse. I'm still trying to learn how to use the new camera and I've decided to actually read the manual this time....

Splendid Leopard Wrasse

SplendidLeopardWrasseLarge.jpg

FTS

FTSLarge.jpg

Looking great Karen :flower:

That leopard wrasse is one beautiful specimen!!

So what are all of the frags that you have now?

Looking great Karen :flower:

That leopard wrasse is one beautiful specimen!!

So what are all of the frags that you have now?

Thanks Adam - I don't have many frags yet. What I have so far are a Christmas Monti, orange cap, frog spawn, hammer, red planet, tri color acro, cali tort, pink lemonade, the neon yellow/green acro that I started long ago and shared with you and Lin (she gave me a frag back), green slimmer, couple of Milli's and some zoas. They are all small and I'm starting small to see how things acclimate to the lights before buying any colonies.

Wow That wrasse is just Beautiful!!!

Thanks Wimby - I was hesitant to add her since they are suppose to be difficult to feed in captivity but she eats like a pig and was extremely healthy when I bought her. I also watched her eat in the LFS and just couldn't pass her by....

Looking good and nice new addition. How are you liking the lighting.

Thanks so much - I love the lights!!!

Love the tank and wrasse!!!'

Beatufiul :)

Thanks! Now if I could just figure out how to use the camera. I need some lessons from you!

Awesome, How easy/hard is it to get in to the top of the tank for maintanance with that fixture?

The lights are not in the way at all since all I have to do is slide the rail kit to the back. The problem is that the tank is 26" deep and I'm kinda on the short side for a girl. Even on the step ladder my arms are not really long enough to get to the bottom easily. I'm up to my armpits!

animalmaster6
Thanks! Now if I could just figure out how to use the camera. I need some lessons from you!

hahaha Not from me. The only two things I have in my 12g to shoot are my goby and Sexy Shrimp. Not much tank practive though.

revaltion131
The lights are not in the way at all since all I have to do is slide the rail kit to the back. The problem is that the tank is 26" deep and I'm kinda on the short side for a girl. Even on the step ladder my arms are not really long enough to get to the bottom easily. I'm up to my armpits!

I feel you there. My tank isn't that deep but it's pretty bad without taking off the canopy, which is a pain. I get up to my armpits and the deepest I can get is brushing the sand with my finger tips right up against the front glass. Tongs are your best friend!

• 2 weeks later...
airman_verde04

Karen, just stopped by to see the progress, OMG!!! your tank is so sweet!!!! I cant wait till it matures.

I don't see a filter sock in the sump, do you run any mechanical filtration?

I was surprised that the sump didn't have a filter sock but instead had a sponge in the 3rd chamber. I've since added a filter sock and secure it with a rubber band.

Karen, just stopped by to see the progress, OMG!!! your tank is so sweet!!!! I cant wait till it matures.

You and me both! I've suffered through every type of algae outbreak that exists and I'm finally getting the upper hand. I'm taking it way slow with this tank and not rushing to fill it. I'm also traveling a lot since this is our busy season. I can't wait until it matures and actually has some nice corals. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived