Innovative Marine Aquariums

Stomatella

DulcyDoll

I have a single stomatella in my 24 gallon, she has spewed eggs into the water a few times this month, but I never see any more than her, so I am doubtful that I will have babies.

I want to get a few more, some to add to the 24 and a few to add to my pico but can't find anywhere to get them. If you know anyplace that has them, I'd appreciate the tip...

Thanks for any help!

...single stomatella in my 24 gallon, she has spewed eggs into the water a few times this month, but I never see any more than her, so I am doubtful that I will have babies...

I too only had one, 'my buddy' was a HH and grew to over an inch long, spewing into the water column many times also... he was the only one for over 6 months ! Then all the sudden... I spotted a TINY baby stomi, now (2 months later) I have about 15-25 of various sizes. The crazy thing is I have them in my DT and in the fuge ! Eggs must have made it through the pump into the fuge also. They are my favorite

I too only had one, 'my buddy' was a HH and grew to over an inch long, spewing into the water column many times also... he was the only one for over 6 months ! Then all the sudden... I spotted a TINY baby stomi, now (2 months later) I have about 15-25 of various sizes. The crazy thing is I have them in my DT and in the fuge ! Eggs must have made it through the pump into the fuge also. They are my favorite

I love those things. I got mine as a HH and he has grown to about 1.5 inches in less than 2 months. Now i found a baby one about half the size of a dime, cute little bugger.

I love those things. I got mine as a HH and he has grown to about 1.5 inches in less than 2 months. Now i found a baby one about half the size of a dime, cute little bugger.

awesome ! you will have more soon !

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw one the size of a VW Bug in my 10g, saw 1.5" and that seems about right. I was worried for a bit there, thought I had Stomata Kong or something.

I've sold them out of my tank before, usually with asterinas and brittle stars. but you should have more soon, if its spawning.

not to thread jack but i used to have TONS of them along with snails... i also have a reef lobster ( it was an impulse buy he looked really cool ) and i dont really feed him to often and this thread just made me notice that i havent seen a stomi or any other snail in ages... could this be from my bad little reef lobster?

BLoCkCliMbeR

i had lots for a while, but then i added a skunk cleaner and he effectively cleaned my tank of them :angry:

anyone else seen cleaner shrimp prey on them?

i had lots for a while, but then i added a skunk cleaner and he effectively cleaned my tank of them :angry:

anyone else seen cleaner shrimp prey on them?

Havent seen it, but i have two tanks joined by a sump (one with cleaners, one not). The stomatella are in one tank and the sump but not in the tank with the cleaner shrimp. So they must be up to something in there.

Somehow they end up cleaning the inside of the reaction chamber of my protein skimmer.

BLoCkCliMbeR
what other shrimp like to eat them?? would peppermint, coral banded or blood red fire shrimp munch on them?

im just askin to see if anyone else had it happen, i have conformed kills by my skunk cleaner on stomatellas, but i could also say my serpant star had something to do with it, ive see it take out one or two

BLoCkCliMbeR
try and get these on video... that cleaner could get pretty intense

what a cleaner picking at something? not real exciting... just made me sad really.. i liked my stomatellas

I just saw one the size of a VW Bug in my 10g, saw 1.5" and that seems about right. I was worried for a bit there, thought I had Stomata Kong or something.

you aren't kidding. mine grew fast and he looks really freaky spewing sperm everywhere!!

Archived