Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Fish Need It Mounting Legs

mrsrexrode

Now I know that this might be a really stupid question, but I'm having a major blond moment, so please bear with me. I'm just setting up my 70 watt Fish Need It MH fixture on my 10g, but I'm having some issues with adjusting the mounting legs so that the light will point straight down on the tank. Right now it's just stuck in the up position, like you would have it when you're doing maintenance in the tank and stuff. Thanks!!!

fishdaddy0831
Now I know that this might be a really stupid question, but I'm having a major blond moment, so please bear with me. I'm just setting up my 70 watt Fish Need It MH fixture on my 10g, but I'm having some issues with adjusting the mounting legs so that the light will point straight down on the tank. Right now it's just stuck in the up position, like you would have it when you're doing maintenance in the tank and stuff. Thanks!!!

I had te same problem. My solution was building a frame (wall) out of wood to attach the light. This also lets me easily move the light out of the way.

This is a very temporary solution while I build something better. It only took me about 5 min to throw this together from scraps I had around the house, but it works very well. If it didn't look so bad I would just keep it up.

post-10634-1271441810_thumb.jpgpost-10634-1271441821_thumb.jpg

fishdaddy0831

Also..there is no way to get the light perfectly horizontal when you mount it to the glass. Seemed like a design flaw to me. Re adjusting the legs when its on the tank is very impractical and dangerous if you ask me. You have to completely unscrew the two parts of the legs to change the angle.

Archived