Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Question about Plastic Containers + Tap Water

Bill Nye

Ok heres my question

I am setting up my DIY ATO and was thinking about using a rigid gatorade bottle ive had lying around for a while. I have been using it to fill my dogs water bowl because its downstairs and there's no sink down here. It has been filled with tap water probably for a year or two. If I rinse this out with Distilled will I have problems with heavy metals and/or chlorine if I use this as my reservoir for my ato?

Ok heres my question

I am setting up my DIY ATO and was thinking about using a rigid gatorade bottle ive had lying around for a while. I have been using it to fill my dogs water bowl because its downstairs and there's no sink down here. It has been filled with tap water probably for a year or two. If I rinse this out with Distilled will I have problems with heavy metals and/or chlorine if I use this as my reservoir for my ato?

I probably wouldn't worry about it, but I avoid anything that I've ever washed with soap. I'm a little crazy like that, but I'd rather go out and spend a few bucks to be safe.

I probably wouldn't worry about it, but I avoid anything that I've ever washed with soap. I'm a little crazy like that, but I'd rather go out and spend a few bucks to be safe.

Ok sweet. Ya I dont do anything washed with soap either. Im pretty sure its never been washed though because it is just filled with tap water and never is drank out of or whatever.

Archived