Top Shelf Aquatics

Looking for square ceramic frag plugs

RESONANCE

Hi folks

I'm looking for a specific type of square ceramic frag plugs...I remember seeing these square shaped ceramic frag plugs with removable/ interchangable tops... the idea was once the frag grew big enough, instead of getting rid of the entire plug, u just remove the thin plug top and replace it with a new one. The plug top was also thin enough that you could cut pieces of it should you want to further divide the newly grown frag. I thought I saw it on ebay but can't seem to find it there now. In fact I cant seem to find it anywhere. Does anyone know where to get these?

Thanks in advanced.

Hi folks

I'm looking for a specific type of square ceramic frag plugs...I remember seeing these square shaped ceramic frag plugs with removable/ interchangable tops... the idea was once the frag grew big enough, instead of getting rid of the entire plug, u just remove the thin plug top and replace it with a new one. The plug top was also thin enough that you could cut pieces of it should you want to further divide the newly grown frag. I thought I saw it on ebay but can't seem to find it there now. In fact I cant seem to find it anywhere. Does anyone know where to get these?

Thanks in advanced.

I have seen them in the past. I believe this is what you were talking about.

http://www.modreef.com/plugs.html

Still, if it is not what you were thinking, they seem to work quite well from what I've seen on them.

lovelandbmxrider

Still, if it is not what you were thinking, they seem to work quite well from what I've seen on them.

I have seen this plug on ebay with a picture of them using a dremel to cut the top off

Yup - that's the one! I ordered a few through 4coral.com and got them on monday. I also ordered an acrylic overflow box and a fish holding pen and I am impressed with the quality of work! I've yet to actually 'field test' them yet - will do so when I get back to Canada. But so far, everything looks great!

Yeah, I think they stopped direct sales... they don't seem to be selling them on ebay anymore, but at least we can still buy them from online retailers like 4coral.com

I have seen this plug on ebay with a picture of them using a dremel to cut the top off
  • 1 year later...

I am looking to buy these tiles. Is 4coral.com still open? I placed an order two weeks ago and have e-mail but have not received a response.

Archived