SaltCritters.com

5G Sps dominated pico

FuEl

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
igotreefermadness

This is why I want to get out of Nebraska. All our coral is either extremely expensive or very drab. Amazing tank, I wish I was as meticulous as I can tell you are at caring for these coral.

• 1 month later...

Wow, just saw this thread. This tank is an inspiration for my 5 gallon tank. It is very similar to what I have in mind. Although, I'm going with the invert-only route with no fish.

If the OP still checks the thread, I have a question. Do you do any supplemental feeding for your tuxedo urchin?

• 3 months later...

Got rid of the African flameback awhile ago as it decided to start pecking on corals. Might be adding an external canister to help with the flow, the hang-on filters flow seem to have gotten somewhat weaker. Going for a 5-6 day holiday end of the year so I guess I will have to properly tune kalkwasser top up (maybe 1/2 strength) to make up for evaporation. All along just kept up with evaporation by water changes with less saline water, maybe 1.017-1.018. Original radioactive birdnest in left hand corner grew big enough to be fragged and sold, the miniature colony that's left is actually a frag of the mother "colony".

041211fts.jpg

Took a few frags off the purple monti to prevent it from encrusting onto the glass.

041211top1.jpg

Some long term resident corals & some new ones.

041211top2.jpg

doesnt look like the green birdsnest worked out very well... what happened to it?

aside form that everything looks awesome, nice update!

doesnt look like the green birdsnest worked out very well... what happened to it?

aside form that everything looks awesome, nice update!

Fragged it, Rehomed the mother colony & kept a frag of it. It was outgrowing the tank..

Excellent tank ! How much in mL are you dosing per day?

Thank you!

18 ml each of part A & part B daily. It's been months since I last tested the water parameters, except salinity. It gets to a point where you can judge when to increase the dosing just by observing the corals.

• 6 months later...

Archived