Top Shelf Aquatics

chalice vs. size?

lovelandbmxrider

lovelandbmxrider

Why is it that I very rarely see large chalice colony's on here? Are they that slow growing? Are they that hard to keep to a mature size? Any ideas?

Some grow faster then others it also depends on feeding Name brand chalices generally grow slow regardless of feeding though. Also Chalice Colonies especially big name ones are also crap tons of money which is why you dont see them on here.. we prefer the frags :)

You rarely see chalices large because folks intentionally get them and cut them up so they can make money doing it. Same with acans I have a beautiful large alien eye chalice that cost me less than I have seen frags of it go for. Just gotta know where to look. There is a pic on my tank thread I think.

i have a few large chalices that i will not cut into micro pieces because they look so goo large but most people are looking for a quick buck when it comes to them

I just purchased some large colonies one is 10"x10" another is 5"x5". 10x10 cost my lfs 159 not including shipping and 5x5 cost him 59 so yah one little frag he can easily cover his cost.

You rarely see chalices large because folks intentionally get them and cut them up so they can make money doing it. Same with acans I have a beautiful large alien eye chalice that cost me less than I have seen frags of it go for. Just gotta know where to look. There is a pic on my tank thread I think.

+1, no shortage of nice sized chalice colonies, just people get them and frag them out by the polyp with dollar bills in their eyes unfortunately.

Archived