12lbs of live rock

2 20watt corallife 50/50 bulbs

1 power head 220gph

ex20 filter 110gph

50watt heater

pics of my set up so far

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45703515@N05/

smokey_the_bear

I don't know about a BTA, I heard they get big and will outgrow and sting corals. Everything else is goodtho :) I have two clowns in my 10 but I'm hving aiptasia nem trouble :angry:

chucktdbm321

coral banded shrimp are super aggresive (i hated mine lol) and i wouldnt get an anenome unless you have a better lighting fixture like t5 or MH

automatik_33

From the many articles and threads I have read a BTA is recommended for at least a 30 gallon tank and even then you would need the t5 or MH lighting to keep them alive.

You're not going to be able to keep many corals with the lighting you have. And there's no way you could keep a bubble tip anemone. I'd also stay away from coral banded shrimp.

Your setup doesn't look bad. But I would highly recommend a better filter like an Aquaclear 50 or 70.

I want if i could stock my 10 gallon nano with

1) 2 Small clown fish

2) 1 bubble tipped anemone (Not enough light)

3) 1 Small blood shrimp (one or the other)

4) 1 Small coral banded shrimp (one or the other)

5) and a lot of Soft coral (zoa, mushrooms, and other softies)

6) Maybe Small Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp instead of others?

7) CUC?

This may sound a little better.

HighVoltageScience

I am working on lighting right now.

I am going to run a 12volt 10amp transformer to a bridge rectifier and a big smoothing capacitor

and have a 555timer circuit running 20+khz so humans can't hear it and thats going to drive a two mosfets

and then i can use any T5 Bulbs that fits under my hood.

Yes you can make your own T5 Ballasts for about 15$ and you can run as much bulbs as you can fit.

Mr. Microscope

I'm no expert, but from what I've read two clowns need more space. One could be done in 10 gallons though.

HighVoltageScience

NEW LIST

2 Clown fish

1 Baby Yellow tang

1 bubble tipped anemone

1 coral banded shrimp

2 Nassarius snails

2 cerith snails

2 blue leg hermits

2 scarlet hermits

1 small serpent star

1 Yellow watch man guppy

1 small banggai cardinalfish

and a lot of coral

Keep in mind if anything gets to big it will end up in my friends dads 150gallon reef tank.

That's a lot of stock.

I hear the tang police coming already!

Maybe check to see what others here have done. I think you'll find it's only one or two fish at most.

No way man thats like 6 fish/shrimp in a 10g. That is too much!

Each fish will be very territorial with hardly any space.

Also the tang is still not suggested since its small. They still need lots of swimming space.

Way too many fish for that size of a tank. Not sure why Clavius85 suggested against the coral banded shrimp.

You're going to over-populate the crap out of your tank though with that many fish planned.

smokey_the_bear
Way too many fish for that size of a tank. Not sure why Clavius85 suggested against the coral banded shrimp.

You're going to over-populate the crap out of your tank though with that many fish planned.

no he wont, dont discourage him that badly. i remember when i first started 3 years ago...hah i got "told" lol

dont worry about 2 clowns i have 2 in my 10 and theyre happy and are always full of enthusiasm.

goodluck!

Archived