Coral Vue Hydros

Are my red mushrooms bleaching?

millerman

At first it was a few white specs, but now, these white specks are all over the red mushrooms. They're under 14k MH lighting. Could the mushrooms be bleaching?

bleaching.jpg

DSC04590.JPG

bleaching in dots is kinda weird if it is. It could be that or could be a fungus its hard to tell.

It seems strange to me that it would cleach in likes and sporatically in lines etc. I think its not bleaching but rather something else.. not sure what though.

I've had a few types of shrooms get lines radiating out from the center like that after puting them in my tank. I had some that were pure red just like those and they ended up being red with green stripes in my tank. They all look the same as each other now, but waaaay different from when I got them. I think they just react differently under different lighting.

Here they are.

9-1.jpg

You can see how they have lines radiating our from the center. They used to look a lot like yours but they always had those blue spots.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I find it odd that the white specks radiate from the centre. Hope it's nothing serious.

Looks like a variation of the Pinwheel. Does not look like bleaching to me.

What's pinwheel?

Looks like a variation of the Pinwheel. Does not look like bleaching to me.

What is "the pinwheel"?

And I'm still curious as to why it happens too. I've had mine for a couple years, so I know it's noting to worry about. But I have no idea what causes this.

Here, I found a pic of when I first got thise shrooms.

This was before:

newshrooms3-7-08.jpg

And after... yes these are the same shrooms.

9-1.jpg

Archived